Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I have a quote please?

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2013, 07:07 PM
shepcobain
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I have a quote please?

Hey guys,

Was wondering if its best requesting a quote here?

I'm after buying 1999 WRX STI Ver6 - spec is as below:

4 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Saloon, Petrol, 67,000 miles, Grey, MOT-09-2013, 2 Owners. Japanese Import, STI Version 6, 299bhp with Dyno Printout, RB5 Grey, Imported 2010 Only 2 Keepers, No Rust Or Rot anywhere, Final Classic Shape Impreza, Clutch Start, Redtop Blueprint Engine, Short Shift Sti Gearbox, 17" Prodrive OZ Alloys, Carbon Fibre Sti Strut Brace, Prodrive Springs, Sti Standard Suspension, High Level Version 6 Rear Spoiler with Integrated Brake Light, Alpine Head Unit/CD Player/AUX Input, I phone Connectivity in Glove Box, Full Straight Through De Cat Stainless Steel Exhaust System, pops and bangs, Fitted at Scooby Clinic along with Induction Kit, Momo Steering wheel/Gear stick, Sti Bucket Seats, ABS, New 4 Pot Brakes, 2 Pot Rear Brakes,. Insurance Group:20, Electric Windows/Mirrors, Air Con.

I'm 25 with 6 years no claims. Licence held since 17 years old.

One SP30 in late 2011 - 3 points £60 fine
Crash early this year - £1150 claim - only me involved and lost 2 years no claims (had 8 now have 6).

Car will be used for weekends and summer etc. I have another car and that will be my main car. Impreza will be garaged and postcode area is FY5 3QX.

Value is £4000 - I have owned one before and it cost me £1100 fully comp and now the best quote I can get is £1500..... absolute joke.

Quote please
Old 13 February 2013, 07:20 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shepcobain
Quote please
Here you go.

"Golf is a good walk spoiled."

Mark Twain

Ah, you mean an insurance quote, ring Gary at KM.
Old 13 February 2013, 07:23 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" a bird in the bush, is better than a hand job"

or something like that.

ill do it for £100, paypal me by gift and ill post certificate tommorow.
Old 13 February 2013, 08:12 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

I will be going with tubby again. No hassles with him but the only downer was I never received my documents but after contacting him he put my mind at rest by telling me they were probably lost in the post.
That is 1st class customer service if you ask me
Old 13 February 2013, 08:19 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

im offering a free wrc sticker kit for every policy before march.
Old 13 February 2013, 08:41 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

That's probably a better offer than last years offer of a free fake roof vent as mine blew off in the wind but other than that I can't fault the service!
Old 13 February 2013, 08:42 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by JdcTypeR
That's probably a better offer than last years offer of a free fake roof vent as mine blew off in the wind but other than that I can't fault the service!
surely a good thing, now you dont look like a ****

Trending Topics

Old 13 February 2013, 08:50 PM
JdcTypeR
Scooby Regular

Old 13 February 2013, 08:57 PM
tattoosi
Scooby Regular

^^^^^^^^^^lol at above

greenlight insurance all the way
Old 15 February 2013, 10:28 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Shep,

We'll need a bit more detail, but can take a look at this for you.

Your recent accident will potentially be a barrier for most of our Underwriters, but with the costs being relatively minor and if we can take a bit more information about what happened (and which vehicle this was in) this may not be so bad.

Having an Impreza Wrx Sti before will help if this was recent, but we would need to run through the cars that you've owned (driven and Insured in your own name) over the last 2-3 years.

Historically, if your vehicle was registered after 1992 (K) and passed the MOT with a de-cat exhaust system fitted, this was deemed as acceptable by VOSA/the department of transport. But after recent changes brought in to MOT pass requirements a Full straight through exhaust without a cat would not pass the MOT, regardless of emission output.

Whilst the impact of the exhaust is not a rating concern from a power increase perspective and unlike brake/suspension modifications will not impact upon life (or car) threatening things like handling.

Every Insurer in the land that covers motor vehicle's upon public roads will have a stipulation in their policy wording relating to the vehicle having to be kept in a roadworthy condition, which technically the De-catted vehicle would fall foul of.

On the upside, there are positive factors such as the vehicle not being heavy use, not required for commuting, being garaged (etc.). But your recent driving experience, the single vehicle accident this year and the decat will be the hurdles to overcome (and is probably why your post has been here 2 days without a reply to date).

If you'd like us to take a look at this for you and have 10 minutes spare, call 01277 376000 and we can run through this with you. Alternatively (if you prefer) PM me your contact details and we'll call you.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. Thanks for the recommendation tatoosi, we're grateful to you. Although tubbytommy's deal seems unbeatable