Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a note to anyone buying insurence !

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2011, 05:31 PM
Big J T
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a note to anyone buying insurence !

as i've just found out if you dont have a drive to park your car on its a waste of time calling any of the insurence companies advertising on here as they wont touch you !

i hope i can save you a bit of time

Last edited by Big J T; 24 August 2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 24 August 2011, 05:38 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Depending on your postcode Leighton Buzzard not being the centre of the universe
Old 24 August 2011, 06:42 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Tis a bit daft......you would think parked on a main road would be harder for a thief....passing traffic, people walking etc etc
Whereas on a nice quiet drive no one sees
I have a 6ft fence at the side of my drive and on the other side of the car is a vivaro van

Mind you I have a American bulldog and a 12 bore for added security
If your reading Gary I'm sure the above should get a better discount
Old 24 August 2011, 06:52 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

But on a road its more likely to get clipped, crashed into, bumped, scratched, vandalised.
On a drive its more secure, as the "person", has to move onto your property to get to your car.
Old 24 August 2011, 06:53 PM
Big J T
Scooby Regular

it was nothing to do with the post code. they said they could not offer any polices that would cover it to be parked on the road.

i totally agree that its stupid as i would have to take it off a drive to go to the shop where i would have to park it on the road, unless someone who lives nearby would let me park it on there drive
Old 24 August 2011, 07:57 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbob
But on a road its more likely to get clipped, crashed into, bumped, scratched, vandalised.
On a drive its more secure, as the "person", has to move onto your property to get to your car.
100% correct
Old 24 August 2011, 07:59 PM
Moley
Sponsor

We can insure cars that are kept on the street overnight, but the companies we use are more limited.
Old 24 August 2011, 07:59 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
100% correct
Can I get more discount now??
Old 24 August 2011, 08:14 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Can I get more discount now??
You can have a free Keith Michaels pen. (ie a Biro)
Old 24 August 2011, 08:18 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

3 cars have been solen off drives in my road this year.... the thiefs know exactly which houses to break into for the keys....
Old 24 August 2011, 08:18 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
You can have a free Keith Michaels pen. (ie a Biro)
Lol, schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! lol.
Old 24 August 2011, 08:21 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anger
3 cars have been solen off drives in my road this year.... the thiefs know exactly which houses to break into for the keys....
take note insurance companies , this is a very valid point , perhaps everyone should do a drive exchange in your street
Old 24 August 2011, 08:33 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anger
But then if caught its Burglary AND TWOC which Burglary is a higher offence, and you`ve taken reasonable care to make sure your car is safe.
If its on the road then more likely to have smashed windows with opportunist thieves, and random damage due to cars, bikes, kids, drunks, oap etc.

Perhaps the owners should have hidden their keys a bit better

There is a reason why two identical houses will have different asking prices if one has a drive and the other not.

Whether anyone likes it the safest place for a car is in a locked garage by your house, next is your drive, least is parked on the road. A Subaru is a car which thieves would love to steal, be it for thrills, for another job, ringing, or stripping for parts. And they cost a lot to repair as owners tend to keep them nice (as opposed to a H reg rusty Ford Fiesta).
Old 24 August 2011, 08:37 PM
hoyty
Scooby Regular

What discount would I getfor parking in a secure police compound as that's where I park and I'm not a copper
Old 24 August 2011, 08:57 PM
Moley
Sponsor

But then if caught its Burglary AND TWOC which Burglary is a higher offence, and you`ve taken reasonable care to make sure your car is safe.
If its on the road then more likely to have smashed windows with opportunist thieves, and random damage due to cars, bikes, kids, drunks, oap etc.

There is a reason why two identical houses will have different asking prices if one has a drive and the other not.

Whether anyone likes it the safest place for a car is in a locked garage by your house, next is your drive, least is parked on the road. A Subaru is a car which thieves would love to steal, be it for thrills, for another job, ringing, or stripping for parts. And they cost a lot to repair as owners tend to keep them nice (as opposed to a H reg rusty Ford Fiesta).
That's 2 pens for you now
Old 25 August 2011, 05:50 PM
boomclart
Scooby Newbie

Good tip is to have a fake/different set of keys, obviously don't leave them in your porch or window inviting a break in but should someone break in and find them lying around in the house or demand them off you... hand them the fakes... call police/get weapon as they bugger off downstairs to try and get away in the car...
Old 31 August 2011, 05:05 PM
Big J T
Scooby Regular

i would like to add something.

i've just got off the phone to a guy at A PLAN and they tried very hard to get me a good quote, which they did ! but saddly it was not the cheepest id had (but still very good!).
so i would definately recomend them to anyone, but my best quote came from AVIVA, so i would check them out too.