Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insurance hunt

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2010, 11:19 AM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance hunt

Ok, my policy is up for renewal at the end of the month and i have been quoted £900. I'm currently with direct line and only paid £560 for this year so that's an increase of £340

My status has not changed and i really don't understand how they have come to this figure for the renewal.

I have spent all week ringing around the usual names and to be honest some of the quotes have been silly to say the least.

I am 26 with six years ncb, no points or claims ever. and i drive a 55 plate UK STI with a RARB and front strut brace no other mods.

I am yet to make contact with Gary @KeithMichaels he is a very busy man

and so far SKY Insurance have been my best quote at £790 through a company called Marker Study.

Anyone got any advice, I'm starting to loose interest and feel like i would be better off getting rid of the car if this is what i will be faced with each year don't get me wrong i love the car but its ridiculous
Old 11 June 2010, 11:24 AM
mrmarc
Scooby Regular

try Chris at Aplan Thatham

top guy,very helpful..ive called around about 6-7 times with different queries and always had a answer within an hour..
also had a very nice quote with low excess.

Gary at KM on the other hand........well like you and many others im waiting for a call back!..left messages and emailed around 10days ago....and got nothing back!!
Old 11 June 2010, 11:41 AM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

I have tried A-Plan and found the quote to be higher than the one from Sky which was just down to my age.

A-Plan had a very good level of service, easy to speak to and you get the feeling they know what a car is, which surprisingly i could not say about some of the other companies i have tried. I will try A -Plan again next year if i make it that far.

I'm hoping that Gary KM can give me a good quote as others have indicated but it will have to be really good to out weigh my phone bill lol
Old 11 June 2010, 05:55 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Have you tried a PM on here for him to ring you on your phone ?

Come Moley, where are you ? I've even more mods to add to the list !

LOL

dunx
Old 11 June 2010, 09:43 PM
Jamiesti01
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem with direct line, my renewal was around £200 more expensive than the year before. I have just renewed with SKY INSURANCE at a good price.
Old 12 June 2010, 08:17 AM
Lofty91
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Have you tried a PM on here for him to ring you on your phone ?

Come Moley, where are you ? I've even more mods to add to the list !

LOL

dunx

I have sent said PM earlier this week, got my fingers crossed they can do me a good deal.

Although i have managed to uncover why my direct line quote has gone up. Basically i contacted them to see how my premium would be effected if/when i fitted coil overs and the women i spoke to had added it to my policy despite me clearly saying the modification has not been carried out yet

So after another call to direct line I'm now getting quoted around £800 fully comp with the "modified suspension", protected NCB(which i did not have last year) and the girlfriend as a named driver. not sure how good that is compared to other people my age but its within my budget.