Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legal Expenses Cover

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2002, 07:45 PM
polarbearit
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Is there any point paying the £15-£40 for Legal cover? I've had it for years, but with all the uninsured loss recovery companies what do you actually get for your £15-£40 extra???

- Jon
Old 27 February 2002, 07:32 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

It really depends which Legal Expenses company it is and the extent of cover provided for your £10.00 - £20.00.

We sell (IMHO) one of the best Legal Expenses & ULR policies on the market...and we retail it at £12.50 at the moment. We have piece of mind (as well as the customer) that the company concerned will react quicker and in the the client interest. They will also arrange for a suitable Hire Car if a courtesy car is not available on the policy or from the repair garage (where the claim is no fault)...

Its like everything on the market...in many cases you get what you ay for - but as you say there are "no win - no fee" companies advertising everywhere...I guess it comes down to whether in the event of a claim you then have to decide which company to go with...will they look after me...or will they just sit on a claim running up huge charges and fees to then try and recover from the TP...

I for one would pay (and do pay) £12.50 per year...one payment...all sorted at renewal...then if I have a problem I immediately know who to call...

Tom
Old 27 February 2002, 12:42 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

When I had to claim a couple of years ago my own uninsured losses company were very quick to sort me out a hire car and then proceeded to do absolutely f*** all apart from repeatedly lose my file.

On the other hand the other party's representatives did an excellent job of intimidating me with threats of court proceedings etc to the point where I caved and admitted liability just to get it over with... my representatives were no doubt happy because I then had to pay for the hirecar out of my own pocket.

So it's not just that you get what you pay for, but I would say pot-luck on whether you end up with a decent company or not...

Cheers,
Gareth