Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NU Insurance & Track Day cover

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2001, 08:15 PM
Rosco
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been insured with Norwich Union for the last three years and in the exclusions section it didn't state about excluding track use. My new policy has just come through for the Evo and the exclusions clause has suddenly grown to say no track use of any form basically! I spoke to my broker as I've not been informed of any changes and am waiting to hear back from them.
In the mean time I phoned NU and asked them about it. I spoke to one of the Supervisors and he said that as of 1st August 2001 they changed the policies for obvious reasons as people were claiming for accidents which happened on track. I told them that I've not been informed by my broker and said surely my policy can't change without prior notification and again he said it's for me to take up with my broker as they were all informed about this. If I want insurance for track day cover with NU it will now cost £80 per day for a car worth £20k. Doing several per year, it'd soon mount up if you want cover!
Has anyone else come across this or got round the problem by being insured with another company that covers track days?
I'd be grateful for your comments!
Steve
Old 31 December 2001, 03:05 AM
andy hs
Scooby Regular

Steve

I think that if you are being charged £80 for £20K cover per track day I would go for it.
I have been using Eggar Lawson for track day cover and pay £42.50 for £2K cover with £250 excess, so NU seems cheap by comparison.

Andy.
Old 31 December 2001, 01:41 PM
Rosco
Scooby Regular

I'm not saying it isn't cheap compared to other companies but I never needed to pay it until the renewal! Even then it was only cos I checked it again that I noticed they'd changed the exclusions part, otherwise I could have been right in the $hit if something had happened.

Steve