Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2007, 08:46 PM
YORKSMALE82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default insurance

my girlfriend had a crash in her clio earlier in the middle of last year and we are looking into ways of getting her insurance down , weve looked into insuring her car in my name and her been a named driver . What i want to knw is if she crashed the car would my no claims be affected and also if my no claims are affected on this policy does it affect my no claims on my impreza policy which is a totally different one , i would protect my policys but i know id need to declare accidents if the worst should happen .

cheers , any help would be appreciated

edit - also would i have to be the owner of her car ie change documents
sorry for been a newb but i want to make sure of the implications before i get into something

Last edited by YORKSMALE82; 06 January 2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: additional question
Old 07 January 2007, 08:39 AM
YORKSMALE82
Scooby Regular

anybody shed some light please?
Old 08 January 2007, 10:10 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Yorksmale82,

Having just seen your post, I'll try & shed some light as best I can.

1. If your girlfriend had a claim under your policy it would effect the NCB under the policy that you had her covered on.

2. You need to remember that (unless built up on several vehicles over the years) your NCB can only be used on one policy at any one time, so unless you have a spare set of NCB you may be defeating the object of what you were trying to achieve.

3. With your NCB being earned per vehicle, if you lost NCB upon the 2nd policy, it wouldnt impact upon your NCB on the other policy.

3. Ownership wise, you have to have an Insurable interest in the vehicle and thus (unless you were married) the vehicle would have to be Insured in your name.

Unless you have spare NCB it probably wouldn't be worth covering in your name as most policies would be rated upon the highest risk driver.

Youre probably better off just scouring the market for a deal in her name, as this will be better long term.

Kind regards

Tony