Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tescos and trackdays?

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2001, 01:18 PM
Chris J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi,

Does anyone know if tescos cover trackdays/airfield days as part of their standard policy?

Cheers

Chris
Old 09 November 2001, 09:38 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, depends on the wording of the policy.

A friend of mine doesn't bother insuring his Lotus for trackdays, as his policy only excludes 'racing, rallying, time trials', and since track days are non-competitive.....

He says there is some info about this on the Insurance Ombudsmans web site www.theiob.org.uk, but I can't find it.
Old 10 November 2001, 10:47 AM
Rum*
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Its all very well not insuring the car for trackdays (i.e. hoping that because it doesn't specifically exclude it in the wording there won't be a problem with the claim) - however what I would suggest is 1) if the claim is repudiated, could you afford to reinstate your loss yourself?? and 2) unless you are fully aware of the cover, settlement of a claim like this could take months and months...i.e. can you afford not to have a car for that amount of time?? (basically if the claim goes to the ombudsman, even if it goes in your favour, the likelyhood is it will take certainly a couple of months to sort out).

IMHO (and I know I am in insurance) I would always check the policy/cover with the insurer - and if they specifically exclude it, I personally would arrange cover via a Third Party carrier (i.e. Eggar Lawson) - if they are prepared to cover it on the policy as an extension (like NU), then I would arrange to extend the cover for a small premium per event...or if they include it anyway, well then you're fine ...

However I would NEVER take the risk - its just not worth it, and in the event of a problem/claim - there is just too much hassle and time wasting trying to get the insurers to pay up - even if you do involve the ombudsman...

Just my 25 pence worth

Rum*
Old 10 November 2001, 10:58 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

Tesco's insure my car for track days, but only if there are only 2 cars on the track at anytime!! So I guess they dont!!
Old 10 November 2001, 01:46 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Rum - good point I forgot to mention the Lotus is a second car, so no big prob if off road while he hassles with insurers!
Old 10 November 2001, 10:13 PM
Ed Hodgson
Scooby Regular

Chris

I haven't read my policy in detail recently, but the Tesco cover should extend to track days. When I took out the cover theay said track days were included, all you had to do was notify them in advance

Ed