Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone CLAIMED with A Plan..?

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2006, 04:10 PM
Kuro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone CLAIMED with A Plan..?

Hi folks,

It's that time of year again!

I'm currently with A Plan at the mo, who put me with some company in Gibraltar, markerstudy or something? (I know, sounds dodgy, but all has been well for the last 10 months!)

Anyway, now that I have swapped the Scooby for a normal car, Elephant are looking cheaper, despite me not having the A Plan renewal letter yet.

So, assuming A Plan are cheaper I'm considering renewing with them, but now that I actually have a choice has anyone any claim experience with these guys? I know they're cheap, but how good are they at claims?
Old 08 January 2006, 05:31 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

All I've heard is that they have screwed a few people on here.

Becareful
Old 08 January 2006, 06:24 PM
GreenTurbo98
Scooby Regular

They were a bit slow to start with but my claim got sorted fine, still with A Plan now.
Old 08 January 2006, 07:35 PM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

sorted the claim against me ok in the end, the bloke is now off my back...
aplan were very helpful , think the slowness is from markerstudy, i still havent even recieved a letter to say the outcome and that was 6 months ago !!
Old 08 January 2006, 10:40 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Kuro
Hi folks,

It's that time of year again!

I'm currently with A Plan at the mo, who put me with some company in Gibraltar, markerstudy or something? (I know, sounds dodgy, but all has been well for the last 10 months!)

Anyway, now that I have swapped the Scooby for a normal car, Elephant are looking cheaper, despite me not having the A Plan renewal letter yet.

So, assuming A Plan are cheaper I'm considering renewing with them, but now that I actually have a choice has anyone any claim experience with these guys? I know they're cheap, but how good are they at claims?
I read a post on this or another forum about someone who paid by installments to Elephant. They wrote off their car and Elephant took the remainder of payments outstanding off the payout figure.
Old 09 January 2006, 09:36 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by s70rjw
I read a post on this or another forum about someone who paid by installments to Elephant. They wrote off their car and Elephant took the remainder of payments outstanding off the payout figure.

As far as I'm aware, this is standard procedure with insurers. When you pay in installments, you actually pay a finance company (either the same or a 3rd party to your insurer) Its the finance company that pays the lump sum to the insurer and you pay back the finance company. Thats why installments is always a little more than lump sum payments.

I cancelled classic insurance on an old 205gti when I sold it and the insurer came back to me and wanted another 2 months premiums on a car I didn't have anymore.

Insurance is the biggest legal scam in the UK - excluding tax credits!!
Old 09 January 2006, 10:01 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
As far as I'm aware, this is standard procedure with insurers. When you pay in installments, you actually pay a finance company (either the same or a 3rd party to your insurer) Its the finance company that pays the lump sum to the insurer and you pay back the finance company. Thats why installments is always a little more than lump sum payments.

I cancelled classic insurance on an old 205gti when I sold it and the insurer came back to me and wanted another 2 months premiums on a car I didn't have anymore.

Insurance is the biggest legal scam in the UK - excluding tax credits!!
Yeah I just had the same thing with A Plan. Cancelled my insurance on the scoob with 3 months left to run, I had to cough up another 100 or so, for the interest on the repayments...

Trending Topics

Old 09 January 2006, 10:06 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

I moved from Elephant over to A-Plan at the end of last year.

Someone on here pointed out to me that if you read the small print in Elephants documents it says "very quietly" that should your car be a total loss / write off / never to be seen again, they cancel your policy!!!

Which is obviously VERY useful when you "eventually" get your money of them and then want to test drive / buy another car.... oh hang on my insurance has been cancelled so I need to take out some more

When asked why I wasn't renewing with them the woman on the other end of the phone couldn't quite understand why I thought the above was a REALLY stupid clause!!

Andy
Old 09 January 2006, 12:41 PM
Krg WRX
Scooby Newbie

I had my accident,all it took was one phone call to A Plan,car collected,repaired and returned.
Everything taken care of.