Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ive got the priveledge

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2005, 09:19 AM
steppers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive got the priveledge

just got a quote 658.35 for sti with ppp
best so far
just keith michaels to go
Old 17 December 2005, 09:51 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Have you tried A-Plan My mate has an STi8 JDM Type20 (Milltek, AST's, Whiteline kit etc @ 320bhp) and pays IRO £680; my 03 WRX PPP (STi spoiler, AST's, Whiteline stuff, bracing, brake upgrades etc) was £630 with them. Was with Privelege last year and they were similar on price, but there's no way they'd have tolerated the mods I now have A-Plan couldn't care less as long as they're declared
Old 17 December 2005, 11:49 AM
Mikkk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I used to have the privelege, but both Gary@Keith Michaels and the boffins at A-Plan quoted lower. Went with Keith Michaels in the end because fractionally lower quote + Gary is a good salesman
Old 18 December 2005, 07:00 PM
M1BJR
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mikkk
I used to have the privelege, but both Gary@Keith Michaels and the boffins at A-Plan quoted lower. Went with Keith Michaels in the end because fractionally lower quote + Gary is a good salesman
I'll have to agree with that. Very knowledgable and that is very confidence inspiring when your out on a limb with a new car.
Oddly A-Plan quote was over 25% higher than KM.

Guess it all depends on your circumstances. I thought a MY00 with 270bhp, unichip; system&de-cat; braces and tints for £550 FC was a steal. Thats at 37 and 4yrs NCB with a younger named driver too.

Living in the country has sooooo many advantages!
Old 18 December 2005, 09:30 PM
steppers
Scooby Regular

gary's done it again
£640
Couldnt be bothered to search anymore
seems like a top man
Old 20 December 2005, 10:04 PM
M1BJR
Scooby Regular

Default Odd happening with RAC insurance

Went with KM in the end, as mentioned above.
However, as I understand it, you can't clain NCD on more than one vehicle policy. So, I was just about to send off the cancellation letter to my previous broker (RAC) as they could not quote for the modified Scooby.

I just realised this policy is also with Highway Insurance, exactly the same company that is covering the Scooby, through KM.

Didn't dawn on me as my other car policy was only renewed a couple months ago and I forgot that I changed insurers to save a fiver or so.

WTF?

Someone at RAC Insure will have some explaining to do methinks. Just cost me two months towards the next years NCD and cancellation fee etc.
Its also going to be interesting when they see the proposal with the new Broker (KM) and find Im already still insured with them!
Oh well, no hassle with proof of NCD I guess

So, what gives? Do they trust some brokers with modified car policies and not others like RAC, or am i missing something bigger.......

Steve.