Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elephant

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 10:22 AM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Elephant

If you take the 10 month accelerator jobby with elephant, does this mean that you have to take your renewal the following year with them?

Just thinking because, in effect, you haven't done a full year, so will they honour it as a full year or not?
Old 28 July 2005, 08:18 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
If you take the 10 month accelerator jobby with elephant, does this mean that you have to take your renewal the following year with them?

Just thinking because, in effect, you haven't done a full year, so will they honour it as a full year or not?
Hi Matt,

The 10 month accelerator is basically a marketing tool, when shopping around people see the rate as 15-20% cheaper than anyone else but lose sight of the fact that it's 10mths vs 12mths elsewhere.

Elephant do honour their promise in as much as they allow you a years no claims bonus after 10 months.

The problem is as you correctly identified, most Insurers require 12mths to allow a 'proper' year's NCB.

What this will mean when you are shopping round at the end of 10mths is that you will have to be specific and inform the companies that you are getting quotes from of the situation and at least then they can pre-agree to accept rather than you going ahead and being retrospectively charged.

There is no guarantee that this will be accepted.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Tony
Old 28 July 2005, 09:00 PM
tath
Scooby Regular

uh oh...

i asked them when i took the policy out "will you provide a year's no claims letter, if i choose to insure with someone else next" and they said "yes - we will give you a years no claims that is transferable to another insurer".

tell me they weren't lying?
Old 28 July 2005, 09:13 PM
mrfuzzyfelts
Scooby Regular

they were not lieing,

U get a letter saying you have 10% - 1 years no claims!

Cheers
tom
Old 31 July 2005, 01:53 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I asked A plan and they said it was alright, some other insurer's dont like it and wont insure you for the full no claims
Old 31 July 2005, 02:43 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

I think if I go with Elephant (haven't rang A-Plan yet though), I'll take it over 12 months. it works out less each month that way anyway
Old 01 August 2005, 07:03 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Seems to be more common these days

I remember when I started Ensleigh gave me 2 years no claims bonus for the 1st year, which might have looked odd had I not been 18 when I took my driving test
When ask how many years no claims I had - I had no hesitation to say '2 years' backed up by a reputable insurance company certification

Same goes for 10 months - 1 year
When asked you would not hesitate to say you had 1 year - and you have the insurance company to provide the evidence - 10 months would be irrelavant..........