Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track day cover

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2000, 06:31 AM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Spoke to my insurance company( Axa ) yesterday regarding track day cover and they just laughed in my face! They will not entertain the idea at all, i can not even pay them extra for a days cover.
They suggested i phoned the track who was holding the track day and asked them to insure me.
Is this right?
Do tracks have insurance policies for you to use?
How much would this cost?

Would love to go on at Donnington, but wouldnt antertain without insurance.
Help needed!

Paul
Old 10 May 2000, 08:51 AM
JamesH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Paul

Egger Lawson - 0115 941 5255

Ask for Nik Kershaw - Special rates for SIDC/LTR track days.

Roughly £55 1 driver, 1 car & £6000 cover & £135 & £15,000 cover with £750 xs (or variations of)
Old 10 May 2000, 09:29 PM
WALKER
Scooby Regular

Smile

Cheers James,

Very useful info, makes for quite an expensive day though. Will make some enquires and hopefully will be on the next Donno track day.

Cheers

Paul
Old 11 May 2000, 09:45 AM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Track day cover is a weird one. I'm with Admiral and I called to enquire about track day cover.
First girl I spoke to said I had to get a specific itinerary from track day organiser and submit it for their underwriters to peruse, after which they would give me a quote. I thought that was a little odd so I read through the certificate and rang back:
Second lady I spoke to was much more aware of the situation, she said the certificate states specifically that we couldn't take part in time trials, pacemaking or competition of any sort, but didn't exclude refining driving skills off road - ie on a track, so full cover provided.
I would suggest just reading your certificate and accompanying docs carefully, and if no specific mention of track days not being covered is made then call insurance company to check - if they say no-go, ask them to point out specifically where in the insurance it states this, if they can't then they don't have a case. Been a few recent cases in the motorbiking world where guys have made successful claims using this approach. However in future I'd expect to see more policies specifically exclude track days.
Cheers,
Charles