Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accepting insurance offers

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2005, 11:58 AM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Accepting insurance offers

Hi

I've received an offer for my write off from LV which seems fairly reasonable, but a little lower than I had hoped. If I go back to them and reject, stating I want a bit more, is there a chance that they may come back with a lower offer and I would then HAVE to accept this ??!

Appreciate any advise on this.

Cheers
Old 23 February 2005, 12:35 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Ring them or write back stating the value you would be prepared to accept. Unlikely they would reduce their offer.
Old 23 February 2005, 07:01 PM
duart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazzler
Hi

I've received an offer for my write off from LV which seems fairly reasonable, but a little lower than I had hoped. If I go back to them and reject, stating I want a bit more, is there a chance that they may come back with a lower offer and I would then HAVE to accept this ??!

Appreciate any advise on this.

Cheers
Hi

Agree that theyare unlikely to reduce their offer and if it is in writing it should be unshakeable.If you seriously are looking for an increase then they will expect you to justify it by producing service records to show that the maintenance was A1 and also adverts from other sites or magazines for similar models to show that their figure is a bit mean.

Hope this helps
Old 23 February 2005, 08:19 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

i had a write off claim with them a few months ago.
they offered me £3950 for a UK 2000awd 1999 which i insured and thought was worth £8000.

then they said i could buy it back for £1500

I was well gutted and took advise from scoobynetters and faxed in loads of adverts for similar scoobies. (they claimed never recieved)
called em nearly everyday for weeks and they always said it was in the hands of the in-house vehicle assesor who is never available.

eventually i requested to wait on hold till i could talk to him, 20mins later i got to speak to him, nice bloke who agreed the offer was low and said he would look into it and call me back bout an hour. he did and offered me £4500 including the car back.
well sorted.
repair cost me less than 3grand, not bad.
cars on the register as a cat D write off now though
http://photobucket.com/albums/v311/scooby24/
Old 23 February 2005, 09:55 PM
paul w
Scooby Regular

Yeah my wifes punto got wrote off other month and was offered £2850 which was more than i paid for it but not what it was worth so told the engineer this and he had me send ads from autotrader in for simular milage models then rang me and offered me £3350 based on the adds i'd sent in,nearly fell off my bleedy chair when he offered me that,had also already bought a replacement same model year younger for £2460 so i was well chuffed.

Hope you get it sorted ok mate.

Cheers
Old 24 February 2005, 11:57 AM
Dazzler
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys.

Think it's a case of getting some adds from Autotrader then and making sure I get a bit extra for the car.

Much appreciated!