Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liverpool Victoria - Modifications ?

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2004, 01:24 PM
Tebo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liverpool Victoria - Modifications ?

I had a quote from liverpool and victoria and told them about the modifications to my car, was happy with the price and took out the policy.

A few days later the policy arrives, with no mention of the modifications, so I got on the phone and asked them about this. The bloke I spoke to said 'then they are not covered', and when I started to tell him the modifications (again) he said 'o yeah, they are listed by here' I will get onto our underwriters and let you know.
He phoned back in about 30 minutes saying that yes they would cover the parts but for a further £126 so I accepted this and paid the extra. Guess what I have had the new policy through and still no mention of my modifications.

Does anyone else with L&V have their modifications listed on their policy, if not where do you stand when/if you make a claim, they only need to say 'you never told us about them' and your policy would be void. and if I never telephoned up about the original policy where would I have stood. how many others out there are in the same position and possibly aren't actually covered.

Thanks for any input on this.

Tebo
Old 10 August 2004, 01:36 PM
New_scooby_04

Tebo: My advice would be to proceed on worst case scenario: if it ain't in writing, you ain't covered! Keep hounding them till they get it right on paper. If you were to claim and only have an agents word to fall back on, I think you'd be up the creek

Best wishes.
Old 11 August 2004, 02:00 AM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Im insured with LV and have a few mods on mine which aren't mentioned on the policy, i was told as long as i have reciepts to prove they were on there im ok, had a slight bump earlier this year and needed to make a claim.

The chap popped along to Scoobyclinic saw the car saw the mods, ok'd the work and i got her repaired no problem whats so ever