Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tracker/Trackstar for insurance

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2004, 11:47 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Tracker/Trackstar for insurance

Hello,

Anyone recommend a good company who will supply and install any kind of tracker such as RAC Trackstar, TRACKER etc etc which would be good, best price fitted and also suitable for insurance purposes for my 2003 WRX?

Either a mobile or a place to go. Want cheaper than buying straight from the website of said companies. Fitted anywhere in central scotland but would travel a good distance for the right price.

Insurance due for renewal in 3 weeks time so want to widen my options a bit.

Any advice?

Brian.
Old 20 April 2004, 12:34 AM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!

Not too sure about where to go, do try to get the monitor option included and some Insurance companies request this.

simb
Old 22 April 2004, 12:59 PM
pmarch
Scooby Regular

I have 'NAVTRAK' on my MY01 and Tesco Insurance said this was OK. You can get two versions, the cheaper one is where NAVTRAK monitor the car once you have phoned them to report an incident/theft. The dearer option is where you carry around a card and if you are away from the car and it's started by someone without the card, NAVTRAK monitors automatically.

RAC Trackstar is now fitted as standard on new STI's, and has been widely recommended as an industry leader.

TOAD also do alarms.

Either way, just do a search on NAVTRAK, TRACKSTAR or TOAD ALARM and you should get to websites that give you all the fitting and subsciption charges. I think that ball park figure is probably around £500 for fitting, plus optional yearly subcriptions for once fitted (some may be free for first year).