Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharp practise by the AA!!

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2003, 09:19 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Just insured the wifes car, rang around for quotations, she is currently with Frizzell.

The AA gave the most expensive quote (as always!) - BUT - when I said what the Frizzell renewal premium was he went away and got authority from his supervisor to undercut that by £10 .... AND add business use free, legal cover, courtesy car AND would protect her bonus!!

You're on I said!!

Got the papers through and the salesman had assumed how many years NCD my wife has, because Frizzell discount 65.5% after 3 years - unlike the AA policies that reach that discount after 4 - he had put down 4 years NCD.

I ring them up, 7 days into the policy, to tell them that they had assumed wrongly ................ guess what?? They now want a big hike in additional premium to keep the policy in force (and lose the protected discount!) Ok, I said - I would like to cancel and get my premium refunded in full .................. well, yes, they will do that - BUT, I have to pay an admin charge!!!

I have been the victim of sharp practise by The AA Insurance Services - they wanted my business - and mis-sold me a policy ..... knowing that they would receive money from me whichever way I jumped from then on!!

Beware if you contact AA Insurance Services - all may NOT be what it seems!!

Pete
Old 25 September 2003, 12:44 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An outfit which is constantly advertising on TV saying it is the cheapest around but which actually turns out to be about 3 times more expensive than anyone else if you ever ring them is clearly worth avoiding.

More fool you by trying to be greedy and saving £10.

AA's business model must be to spend loads on advertising and convince daft people that it is not worth even calling any other companies and then to fleece them hoping they will never know.
Old 25 September 2003, 08:37 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news!! The manager dug out the recording and has admitted that they assumed the NCD was 4 years - I didn't actually say 4 years, I said 65.5%!!!

And accordingly, they will honour the policy as provided at the price agreed!!

Cor, result!! ......... mind you, they knew I meant business!

Pete

[Edited by pslewis - 9/25/2003 8:38:34 PM]
Old 25 September 2003, 09:35 PM
Hoth
Scooby Regular

Wait till your (next) renewal...I've always found if the AA is competitive one year, they are never the next.
Old 01 October 2003, 12:38 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Pete - they always do this for people who drive around in hairdressers cars and have questionable sexuality.....

He He

Jza