Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK insurance is a fekkin rip off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2003, 05:28 PM
Danny Boy
Scooby Regular

Location: All over the place, trying to stop putting the miles on!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rant mode on
I have had it up to the eye ***** with insurance companies in this country. I have just been ringing round for quotes for my second year of scooby ownership. I have found the princley total of two companies that will even agree to insure me! Tesco or egg.
I'm 23 with 6 years no claims, living in a very good post code car kept on the driveway. The only thing i have against me is an SP30. Yet the cheapest quote i can find is £1117 with a £500 excess!!!! and the car is standard! Tesco wanted almost £200 extra premium and another £100 on top of my excess just for a scoobysport back box which they said had to go into the 10% increase in power bracket even though you would be lucky to get 1% increase from it.
It just really hacks me off that there are people out here that work damned hard to get a car that they have always dreamed of having, and then get ripped off left right and centre plus persecuted for being young by insurance companies.
Anybody trying to have something nice and have some fun with it is instantly branded a dangerous boy racer who should have to pay for all the doddery old grannies who crash all the time and get away with it cos they are experienced drivers!
Pah insurance is complete bull sh*t just another not so stealthy tax!
rant mode off

On a more serious note is there anyone out there who knows of a more resonable insurance company that would charge reasonably for mods and insure a 23 year old? All i want is my nice boxer sound but i don't want to have to sever a limb for it!

Dan.
Old 20 August 2003, 07:28 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try barclaycard. They insured me last year when I was 23, and this year now I'm 24. (Only with 4 years NCB) Paying £850, but with no mods - they aren't that mod friendly, so this may not help you...
Old 21 August 2003, 10:38 AM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

That's worrying, I only paid £800 with Tesco last year (age 23, 5 years no claims on standard UK Turbo worth £10k). Subsequently wrote off my car and got a WRX. My insurance is due for renewal in a couple of weeks
Old 21 August 2003, 10:41 AM
Turboteeth
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, also now got a TS20 too for being caught on the wrong side of some double white lines...
Old 21 August 2003, 01:14 PM
jhrfc1
Scooby Regular

sorry turbo teeth but your premium is going to be stratospheric (if you can get quotes)
Old 21 August 2003, 04:37 PM
Danny Boy
Scooby Regular

Location: All over the place, trying to stop putting the miles on!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Dnb
Just gone with Barclaycard.
Thay only beat my quote from Tesco by £17 but the excess was £100 rather than £500 with Tesco!!
Decided to leave the exhaust off for now, will think about that later when i have some more money!
So 23 yrs old, MY99 uk turbo good postcode and self employed £1100. Still Very expensive but a better deal and much more friendly people. Lets hope their filing dept are better than the Tesco Muppets.

dan.
Old 21 August 2003, 11:04 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Well done

I liked the excess too - miles better than everyone else. My only gripe is that they stopped the 3rd party cover on other vehicles for under 25s. Can't have everything though.