Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will this effect my insurance??

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2003, 03:21 PM
blip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry mods, I know it's the wrong forum but am after some quick advice, cheers

Towing a jetski on a trailer the other day, stopped waiting at roundabout, clown in a Punto skids into the back of me. No damage to car or jetski, just a damaged trailer.

Did the usual, exchanged details, etc. Then later by phone we agreed to sort it out without involving the insurance companies. However he had already reported it to his insurers, whereas I purposely hadn't.

The jetski + trailer are covered by their own policy for damage in transit (nothing to do with car policy) so I am wondering if there is any way this could filter back to my car insurers and result in a premium hike on my car insurance next year??

I have Protected No Claims, but am still paranoid that he has passed my details to his insurers, and that through 'the system' my lot will find out about it - even though I was blameless and the car itself was not touched, and any claim would have been to my jetski insurers - not them.

Whaddya reckon??
Old 23 May 2003, 03:31 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

doesnt matter if he passed his details onto his insurers, you can also tell you insurers that you was involved in an accident and are sorting it out privately. They wont care and it wont effect your insurance premium.

Insurance companies are happy bunnies aslong as they are not having to shell out, only if your insurance company incurs a cost or he seeks to go through the insurance instead will it effect your premium.
Old 23 May 2003, 03:41 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Hard to say. As there was no claim it is unlikely his insurance company will pass your details to your insurance company.
It will probably go on his record as being involved in an accident but not yours. But you never know.
Old 27 May 2003, 07:09 AM
chickyb
Scooby Regular

Also remember, that when you go to renew your insurance, you will be asked " have you been involved in a an accident in the last X years". By law, you should now say "yes". Do you know who his insurance comp is? if not, and it turn's out to be the same or linked to your's (same data base). there is a chance it could show up on your info. how big a chance i don't know.
But some insurance comp's can be feckin coont's, and some where down the line, use something like this as an excuse not to pay out.