Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, little help

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2003, 09:00 PM
mr_b
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my mum owns a '94 scooby wrx import now im 18 next month and just passed my test and can't aford to run my own car but i am going to try and get insured on my mums car so i can drive it at weekends :S
can you surguest any companies to try and do you think i have any chance at all of being insured on this car even as a second driver?
Old 22 March 2003, 11:54 PM
simb 2
Scooby Regular

Location: South Wales - Stuck on this rollercoaster, get me off!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some insurance will insure you on your mothers car, but prepare to take out your 1st mortgage, especially if your classed as the main user.

Good luck

simb
Old 23 March 2003, 03:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You mum's insurance co is the only insurance co you will need, now the downside is that they probably wont cover you as your a young driver (or it would be cheaper to go and get your own car, insure and run it for the cost it would end up at).
I personally wouldnt let you near a car with over 80bhp, yet alone one with over 200 as you wont be use to that sort of power and your (in)experience will probably put you in hospital (and the car into a scrap yard )
The cost of a first car may be more expensive (you can pick some decent cars up for 500 quid, insure them and run them) but you will learn more about the road and show yourself actually how energetic a 50-60bhp fiesta can be, learn much more about your limits (which the car will always be beyond you when you start driving) and get some ncb behind you.

Tony
Old 23 March 2003, 05:44 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was planning to use my Mother's Clio 172 when the olds go on Holiday (Save on the Scoob juice)
I'm 25 with no accidents, claims or convictions and their insurance company still wanted £296 to add my name, so i think it will cost you an absolute mint.
Just to add, i completely agree with Tony. I think it would be irresponsible to name you on her car.