ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

fitting single din headunit help

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2012, 11:53 AM
ElliottWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting single din headunit help

so ive stripped out the dash and original double din head unit, but cant see any way that my single din will fit. theres nothing to attach the single din cage to or anything. am i missing something??
Old 16 July 2012, 03:08 PM
Davey L
Scooby Regular

use the mounting frame that the attaches to the double din. then it just screws back in and you can attach a pocket to it as well with a bit of modding
Old 16 July 2012, 03:11 PM
ElliottWRX
Scooby Regular

when i took the headunit out i noticed 4 screws on either side holding on what seems like 2 brackets. so i need to take that off and then screw that bsck into the car then fit the single din cage to that?
Old 16 July 2012, 04:54 PM
lotus49
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Davey L
use the mounting frame that the attaches to the double din. then it just screws back in and you can attach a pocket to it as well with a bit of modding
That's what I did only last weekend and it worked really well. The side plates screwed onto my new head unit without any adaptation but I did have to drill four holes in the plates to fit the pocket.

I bought a pocket from someone on this site by posting a request in the Wanted section. The chap I bought mine from (for a very reasonable sum I might add) still has one that I dare say he'd be happy to sell. Now I have a better head unit and a handy little pocket as well. It looks really good and was not too hard.
Old 16 July 2012, 05:02 PM
lotus49
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ElliottWRX
when i took the headunit out i noticed 4 screws on either side holding on what seems like 2 brackets. so i need to take that off and then screw that bsck into the car then fit the single din cage to that?
I forgot to mention that my new head unit didn't come with or need a single DIN cage. You will have to remove your new head unit from the cage before you attach the side plates. At least, that's what I did when I fitted mine last week.
Old 18 July 2012, 01:57 AM
Dave Hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mount it to the two side plates. Unbolt the plates to help you see how. MOver the head unit over the plates and you will find 2 holes a side that line up. Stick the (very short, less than 8mm!) screws that hopefully came with your headunit through those holes and that will hold your head unit in the right palce in the dash. Re mount the two plates now that they're screwed to the head unit, and it should all fit back nicely into place.
Old 23 July 2012, 10:18 PM
billy21
Scooby Regular

Where can I get some new brackets