Alpine time-alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2002, 02:24 PM
globbits
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Okay, question,

I've finally managed to get my hands on an Alpine PRA-H400 digital crossover, eq and time-alignment unit. Fantastic - I thought these things were as rare as rocking-horse poo! Trouble is, it's second-user, so I don't have a manual for the damned thing and, typically Alpine, the interface isn't exactly self-explanatory.

Anyone out there either have or had a PRA-H400? I could really do with getting my hands on a manual?

Oh, and if anyone else out there has one that doesn't want it any more, I'm actually looking for a second PRA-H400.....?

Thanks hopefully

Richard/globbits
Old 04 April 2002, 01:01 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

I _used_ to have a manual somewhere for it. I'll try and have a look tonight. Top bits of kit

I know a couple of people who used to use them - I'll see if anyone has got one for sale.

What head unit are you using with it? Want a nice AiNet one to link up to it???
Old 04 April 2002, 03:02 PM
globbits
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hullo Kryten

No need for an AI-net head unit, I'm afraid - I've got an IVA-M700R (minidisc TV head unit) and I'm already using a PXA-H600 processor unit. It's just that the H400 is more powerful - which is nice

Of course, if you have a copy of the manual, I would be HUGELY grateful for a copy. If you've got a mate with a second one, I may have to have your babies!!!!!

Many thanks

Richard/globbits
Old 04 April 2002, 07:53 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Can't find it at the moment - I'll have a look tomorrow morning.

How do you plan to use the H600 and H400 together?

I wouldn't say the 400 is more powerful - just different.

The both have exactly the same time alignment. The H400 has crossovers for all channels, but does without the parametric EQ of the 600.

And its complicated to get EQ into the system with a 400 - the best option is do use one of the digital EQs before it. I assume you're using the digital inputs??
Old 05 April 2002, 08:21 AM
globbits
Scooby Regular

To be honest, I'm not using the EQ facility at all - that's what crossover points are for

I'm hoping the slave facility on the H400 will allow two AI-NET processors to be used (hence wanting the manual .) From what I can see, if I set up the time-alignments and crossover points on each separately, I should be able to have both running happily. Of course, no proof yet, but it's a thought.

Not using digital inputs - not really found the need. The IVA-M700R doesn't have a digital output, although the CD-changer has. I've also got an M-station, which doesn't do digital either, so realistically, I'm reliant on the analogue signals in the AI-NET lead.