Kenwood Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2001, 08:54 PM
Kevin G
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hey!

Have had a Kenwood 7070R (I think) for just over a year now. Just had a six disc changer installed in the motor and keep getting up this E99 message. It just comes up ans stops me playing cds and does not allow the cartridge to be ejected (even though I can hear it labouring to do so).

Any suggestions before I go to my radio dealer with my problem!

Kev
Old 08 August 2001, 10:44 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E99 rather unhelpfully is changer/magazine error. The manual suggests pusing the reset button on the changer. Might also be worth checking all connections at the changer end and at the headunit are tight.
Old 09 August 2001, 01:17 PM
Dr Nick
Scooby Regular

If you can "hear it labouring" to eject or move a CD in or out of play position, I may know the problem. I am not familiar with this particular make of CD autochanger however.
Is it the type where you put the CD in a cartridge and then put the cartridge in the machine?
If it is, then take the cartridge out (if it is not jammed). Then individually remove each CD very slowly. One or more of them may give more resistance to being removed or inserted than another. Take this CD and put it in another slot. If the stiffness follows the CD to another slot then the CD is the problem. If it is the slot then there is probably some dirt in there.
Once upon a time CDs were made to tighter diameter specifications than they are now. If the problem is the CD it is probably too big to fit in your player. We are talking about less than 1 mm here. If you find many CDs that are too tight to fit comfortably in the unit take the unit back and complain. If its just one CD, by very gently sanding the edge round and round you can remove any rough edges and will notice an improvement. Remove any dust before putting it anywhere near your CD player again if you do this!
If your CD player is jammed and you cant get the cartridge out press eject and tap the unit (repeatedly but not too hard) whilst the machine tries to eject. This may loosen the cartridge. Keep doing this until the cartridge comes out or the eject mechanism times out (this is probably when the error message appears on your head unit). Repeat the above until you get fed up or the cartridge comes out. If it is no longer under warranty its time to get the screwdriver out. If your unit is anything like mine its easy to free the jam once the cover is off.
Let me know how you get on.
Adan
Old 10 August 2001, 10:50 AM
jase555
Scooby Regular

Red face

had it before on my kenwood,

what i found was one of the cd's had half stuck in the magazine / player.

i had to return my unit to be fixed, or you could try and strip it down.

be careful of the rubber shockers

jase