Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Door Speaker Install.... Crossover Question?

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2008, 01:37 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Speaker Install.... Crossover Question?

Apologies.... this may have been covered before but I can't find the answer and I'm mid door dynamat'in and speaker fitting so need an answer quick...

Door has been stripped.... original excuse for speaker and tweets removed.... mdf brackets fabricated... and just about to wire it all up but....

I have a two wires to the original tweets...

two to the original speakers

My question is where do I wire up my new infinitys to.... I can't find an original crossover so can I simply take the original mid/bass speaker wire, snip it, wire it to my new crossover and run the new tweets and mid/bass off that....? (and just tape of the original tweets wire...)

Or should I take both tweets wire and speaker wire, and put both to my crossover?

Sorry if this sounds confusing.... only other option is for me to take out the headunit and try and work it out from there but I want to get this done by this today....

I have a MY03 STi incidently....
Old 22 June 2008, 10:41 PM
escott
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luther999
Apologies.... this may have been covered before but I can't find the answer and I'm mid door dynamat'in and speaker fitting so need an answer quick...

Door has been stripped.... original excuse for speaker and tweets removed.... mdf brackets fabricated... and just about to wire it all up but....

I have a two wires to the original tweets...

two to the original speakers

My question is where do I wire up my new infinitys to.... I can't find an original crossover so can I simply take the original mid/bass speaker wire, snip it, wire it to my new crossover and run the new tweets and mid/bass off that....? (and just tape of the original tweets wire...)

Exactly - the originals don't have a crossover, the tweeter has a built in thing to cut low frequencies.
Old 24 June 2008, 12:57 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Escott.... thanks for replying.... found out that the full signal goes to the main speaker and then sent to the tweeter as well.... Spliced into the speaker cable and ran it off from there...

Cheers for confirming....