ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Speakers in the MY02 STi

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2002, 11:30 PM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm due to get my STi in about 6 weeks. I am planning to fit a Kenwood V7090 head unit but I don't know what speakers to fit? I want a good sound without going for amps and subs (been there before) What should I fit? 6x9 in the rear and something else up front? Any idea's?

Cheers

Tim
Old 20 January 2002, 02:53 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Tim,

I'll swap you for my car - the sounds are already done. Tell you what, I'll not even charge you!

Back to reality, you should find that you can fit 6 inches up front, and I wouldn't personally bother with 6x9s in the rear...

Lucky devil.

Nick.
Old 20 January 2002, 06:08 PM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nick - I'll think about it

Why shoudn't I put 6x9 in the rear? I have them in my current scoob and they sound OK. Any suggestions on what speakers to fit if I run them of the 7090 head unit?

Cheers

Tim
Old 20 January 2002, 08:10 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Tim, i have had JL Audio XR650 CS speakers fitted into the front of my MY01, together with having the front doors Dynamatted this made has made a major improvement over the standard speakers. Something to note if your Kenwood head unit is a Mask type is that i originally replaced the standard stereo with a Kenwood KDC9090R Mask headunit but to fit this the silver dash panel around the stereo needed to be cut about due to the Mask units being slightly bigger than a normal single DIN, the end result was not ideal so i have now changed the head unit for an Alpine which fits fine (together with a new dash panel).

simon