Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Anyone got a forward facing camera fitted?

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2007, 12:22 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a forward facing camera fitted?

Just wondered if anyone has a forward facing camera which can record, fitted to their car.
Bit sad I know, but not unheard of. Great for many disputes like insurance claims.

Always wondered about the set up, cos describing "what happened on the way to work" to your mates is never quite the same. More of a, you had to be there, moments.

I know in the USA some insurers install such devices to lower premiums.
Old 20 August 2007, 09:23 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

i think tissy has - works via his car pc
Old 20 August 2007, 06:28 PM
tteeccttoonn
Scooby Newbie

Look into getting a DVR (digital video recorder)! It uses a hard drive and the camera plugs right in.

There are a few cheap imports on the market these days that run off 12v.

A security equipment company will be able to sort one out or maybe even ebay.

The quality is pretty good these days and with something like a 250Gb hard drive installed you won't go far wrong.
Old 20 August 2007, 09:16 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

what about mounting a bullet cam on the inside of your windscreen to see how you get on with the whole idea. you can get them on rubber suckers i think
Old 23 August 2007, 12:54 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Yeah the bullet cam is sorta what im thinking. Was just wondering about the actual recording devices, and methods of viewing, i.e if you can get playback through the headunit.

Cheers for the pointers guys
Old 23 August 2007, 04:54 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

i could record and get playback via a dvr using the av connection on my dvd player...so if can do it with an ebay-special dvd player, i'm sure you could find a way! i thought this thread had gone a little quiet, but seeing as this was your original question snazy, i note you have more important things on your mind at the moment!
Old 23 August 2007, 05:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Cheers for noticing that Richard
Sounds like an interesting option.

Its just one of those gimmick things, but that actually has a practical use, should something serious happen.
Old 23 August 2007, 11:15 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

i thought the reverse cam would just be a gimmick, but i use it all the time. bollards can easily hide below spoilers you know, even a small ironing board one like mine

pretty sure i posted on your original thread about the house as i remember seeing the photo of the spoil heap! no idea what i posted though and can't find the thread searching snet with googleso i guess we'll never know

i noticed the camfaud pump lorryin your first set of pics, so assumed they were strying the stabilise with concrete. will keep watching your thread for updates - very unusual to see something like that these days, especially in the current professional climate where everyone lives in fear of being sued for giving the wrong advice let alone doing something which may be directly responsbile for collapsing someones's home. hope it all works out for you
Old 24 August 2007, 12:27 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Yeah I have had reason for a reverse cam over recent days, parking in Travelodge car parks lol, and in unfamiliar spaces etc. For the price of it, I would never consider it a waste

Not been able to find the original thread either, dunno what I called it. Got the full search function, so if I can find it I will post it

80 cubic metres of concrete, and I can honestly say thats hardly touched the sides lol

Originally Posted by richardg
i thought the reverse cam would just be a gimmick, but i use it all the time. bollards can easily hide below spoilers you know, even a small ironing board one like mine

pretty sure i posted on your original thread about the house as i remember seeing the photo of the spoil heap! no idea what i posted though and can't find the thread searching snet with googleso i guess we'll never know

i noticed the camfaud pump lorryin your first set of pics, so assumed they were strying the stabilise with concrete. will keep watching your thread for updates - very unusual to see something like that these days, especially in the current professional climate where everyone lives in fear of being sued for giving the wrong advice let alone doing something which may be directly responsbile for collapsing someones's home. hope it all works out for you
Old 24 August 2007, 12:37 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

here is the original thread

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ving-much.html
Old 11 September 2007, 08:06 PM
Tissy
Scooby Regular

There are many companies that produce mind DVR recorders for track use etc. They include speed, GPS and other telemetry overlays, however they are not cheap at all.

Have a search on google and type in "Vehicle DVR" (without quotes).

My option was to fit a CarPc which opens up a world of all sorts of other options not just Video recording .

Plus as Richard says, reversing cameras are great . I know someone who sells them at a very reasonable price.
Old 12 September 2007, 12:17 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

are these it??
http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...6ef30c5a490294