ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Ice setup question?

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2007, 08:59 AM
Haze20
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ice setup question?

I have recently installed an Alpine 9853R head unit and Alpine F345 amplifier running 2 channels bridged powering an oldish sub other 2 channels are spare.

I will be using the other two channels to run the front speakers when I can get round to wiring them up, there currently standard fronts but I am looking at getting a decent set of components, recommendations would be great my car is a 1996 facelift WRX.

I have used measurements from a thread on this forum to use the time delay but yet to download to the headunit.

I cant help but feel dispointed with the sub but I'm sure its just setting the system up correctly

Can anyone advise what the crossover in the head unit should be running at for the sub and also the fronts. I listen to most types of music so bass isn't everything I just want quality more than anything.

If there is anyone going to the meet in Hereford on sunday I should be there so any help greatly received

https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-2...ml#post6635113

Thanks in anticipation
James
Old 14 February 2007, 05:38 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

x over should be set at 100hz or lower and make sure the filter on the amp is set to LP or LOW for the bridged the channel

God luck mate
Old 14 February 2007, 06:17 PM
Haze20
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby51
x over should be set at 100hz or lower and make sure the filter on the amp is set to LP or LOW for the bridged the channel

God luck mate
Cheers Scooby51,

I take it 100hz and higher for the fronts then?

Any chance of more advice? Also recommendation on the front components?

Thanks
James
Old 14 February 2007, 08:40 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

The front components should have a full range of sounds as there are tweeters to lift the higher end of the sound spectrum so should be quite bassy but with the subs, not overly so.

I'm running Kenwood Anniversary Components in my Scooby but they are in custom builds. Most popular choice seems to be the Infinity range which offer great sounds and they fit in the doors and are very reasonably priced. Alpine also do some serious kit which sounds fab (had some in my previus car)

The only limit on your speakers is you and how you want them to be fitted.

Anything else you need to know just ask mate

Cheers
Dave
Old 14 February 2007, 09:49 PM
Haze20
Scooby Regular

The front components should have a full range of sounds as there are tweeters to lift the higher end of the sound spectrum so should be quite bassy but with the subs, not overly so.

I'm running Kenwood Anniversary Components in my Scooby but they are in custom builds. Most popular choice seems to be the Infinity range which offer great sounds and they fit in the doors and are very reasonably priced. Alpine also do some serious kit which sounds fab (had some in my previus car)

The only limit on your speakers is you and how you want them to be fitted.

Anything else you need to know just ask mate

Cheers
Dave
Thanks again Dave.

Any thoughts on these components Alpine SPR 17LS - Alpine SPR-17LS - 6.5" Component System (17cm) - Car Audio Centre - Car Audio Centre ??

Do you think that these would need more than 12mm spacers ? I've got no probs using a jigsaw so thats ok.

How did you get on with getting the speaker cables through the front doors?

Old 15 February 2007, 01:24 PM
scooby51
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a bargain for the price mate.

The only thing I would suggest is to get hold of a speaker and measure the depth of the magnet (or view the tech page on alpines site) and compare it to the original speaker. Mine were about half a mile hence the custom pods, but you may have to cut the door trim away to get them to fit.

Speaker cables through the front doors, just remove the rubber cover and feed the wire through it but the speaker cables are quite gutsy.

You can see pics of mine in the Members Gallery under My Install (may have to search a bit - quite old)

Where abouts are you based (ish)?????

Let me know how you get on
Dave
Old 15 February 2007, 08:50 PM
Haze20
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a bargain for the price mate.

The only thing I would suggest is to get hold of a speaker and measure the depth of the magnet (or view the tech page on alpines site) and compare it to the original speaker. Mine were about half a mile hence the custom pods, but you may have to cut the door trim away to get them to fit.

Speaker cables through the front doors, just remove the rubber cover and feed the wire through it but the speaker cables are quite gutsy.

You can see pics of mine in the Members Gallery under My Install (may have to search a bit - quite old)

Where abouts are you based (ish)?????

Let me know how you get on
Dave
Jesus that boot is class !!

Will let you know how it goes !

Thanks for your help Dave

James