Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Infinity componants

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2001, 09:57 AM
JonW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im considering getting Infinity componants for my MY00 and have been surfing to find the cheapest place for them.
Choice is between 605CS and 6.01CS (is this a Kappa?). best prices Ive found are £73 and £135 respectively, but plus £10 delivery and then VAT... This is on
Old 27 April 2001, 10:05 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Hi Jon

Dunno about prices; sorry.

For noise on the motorway, you'll find two places that it's really coming from: tyres and exhaust. I've put sound deadening in the boot (cheap underlay rather than dynamat) to deaden the sound of the Scoobysport box a tad. There's also dynamat in the doors whcih does help, though doing the whole floorpan with something would help to - but weigh quite a bit.

Foam in the door cards stops 'em from rattling.

Nick.
Old 27 April 2001, 02:39 PM
JonW
Scooby Regular

Hi Nick, Long time no speak - It was probably about 10 months ago we were having a similar conversation re. me fitting Infinity's and I almost bought B grade CDTs but then the money ran out... a few projects (bikes and cars) now completed I can finally turn my mind back to the Scoob and sort the audio... how time flies, warranty is out next week too... (like it was any use anyway...)

Cheers for replying, Ive been surfing the board this morning and found that what I think I need is to dynamat (or similar) the (4) doors and put something under the boot mat, and maybe the footwells if its easy to get in there. You used some packaging, I think, for your boot floor and Ive been thinking laterally about this too... when people say they've used carpet underlay, do they really mean house grade material or car stuff? Ive got some thinner, but high quality, laminate flooring underlay but its bright orange...! Sadly I do have to lift this to get to my CD Changer so cant stick stuff down... My doors dont really rattle but 1inch thick foam is cheap enough, do i do it in strips and stick to the door card or in one block? Same question for Dynamat really, is it best in strips or one big piece and does it go just on the inside of the outer door skin or also on the card side of the inner doorframe under the plastic membrane?

On the speaker front Ive always been sold on the Infinitys and will go for them, im just trying to make sure I pay the best price. Will leave the rears as is I think.
Was tempted with a sub but its all the faffing of making / hiding / securing the box and buying an amp, or is there another option?

Great to see youre still about Nick, saw pics of your boot install, very nice!

Jon.
Old 27 April 2001, 04:29 PM
JonW
Scooby Regular

Update:

Bought the 602CS's and two lots of 4ft Sq dynamat extreme. Intend to dynamat the doors (front and back) and the Bootlid. Hope Ive got enough.
Still to buy the foam and a boot under mat.

Jon.