ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Amp + Sub recommendations.

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2005, 03:12 PM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp + Sub recommendations.

I am thinking about adding some amplification and bass to the system in my 02 STI.
At the moment I have an Alpine headunit and changer it has the 4x60w v-drive amp and three sets of pre outs with sub level control, I also have some 5.25 inch Jl audio comps in the front doors although I may replace them with some 6.5 inch Infinities which I took out of my classic,I am not sure what is in the back but if needed I will replace these with something better.
I am thinking about getting an amp to power the fronts and a sub.I do have a Denon 6 channel amp and a Rockford sub but they are old and bulky and I fancy some shiny new toys!
I was thinking about a 4 channel amp using 2 channels to power the fronts,bridging the rear channels to power the sub and running the rears off the headunit.
Am I thinking along the right lines or should I be doing something completely different or just save loads of cash and use the stuff I have already got.

So can anyone recommend any good amps or subs?
Old 16 July 2005, 07:35 PM
theone84
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i have dls front and back sounds very nice powerd by a dls c50 amp sounds top notch.As for sub if you got the money id go for a diamond tdx retail at 600 but im sure u can get them on ebay alot cheaper.id recommend the dls a6 to power or a genesis monoblock as they are the dogs b of amps!