ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Sub question.

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2005, 08:42 AM
Graham P1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub question.

I am considering adding a sub and have been reviewing the various options.

I didn’t want anything to big to take up half the boot space and I’m not looking for a sub to wake the whole street, just something to add a little more bass.

I have seen two small subs which are designed to fit under a seat so are relatively small, one is the Alpine SWD-1600 which is a 150W 6.5” sub and the other unit is a Pioneer TS-WX228 also 150W with an 8” sub.

Has anybody fitted one of these subs and can comment on their quality and effectiveness?

Thanks,

Graham.
Old 18 May 2005, 09:12 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't help you on your question reference your subs, but another option to save a bit of boot space is the Auto Acoustic Stealthboxz

Looking at getting one of these myself.
Old 18 May 2005, 06:01 PM
SimonD
Scooby Regular

I assume that you mean the Pioneer TS-WX22A. I bought one and it is not even close to fitting under the seat of a classic.

I changed it for 6x9 subs in the rear shelf instead. A lot more work but they are as good as invisible and get the sound into the cabin effectively. If you have a saloon and intend to mount the small sub in the boot you might be disappointed in how little sound gets through the rear seat. Should be ok if you have a wagon.
Old 19 May 2005, 08:20 AM
Graham P1
Scooby Regular

Yes it is a saloon. I hadn’t considered fitting 6x9 subs in the rear shelf.

It seems a good idea as no boot space is lost and they can be easily heard in the car.

I assume you end up sacrificing your normal rear speaker, so you only have standard speakers fitted in the front.

If you are not running rear speakers do you run the subs straight off the head unit or via an amp??

Oh and how the hell do you fit 6x9’s into the rear shelf? Is the some special adaptor available?
Old 21 May 2005, 07:46 PM
bazzawrx
Scooby Newbie

6x9's are ok to go in the shelf with a bit of work but you really need to amp them to appreciate there power handling(depending on what speakers you buy).the alpine swd1600 is a nice upgrade if you want to add a bit more depth to your system.