playstation 2 connection to alpine in dash

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2005, 05:13 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default playstation 2 connection to alpine in dash

HELP!
have just installed an alpine cva1004 tv headunit in to the scoob,now i need help of a pro

have connected the ps2 rca cable's to the rca in on the alpine but i have no picture,all the alpine is saying is navigation and no picture or sound
the ps2 is running off of a power inverter (12v) and seems fine power wise

The manual says to conect a wire to the handbrake sensor,which i am asuming is the only wire that comes off the bottom bracket of the handbrake?

any idea's guy's,little lad is gutted he cannot play gt4 in the scoob yet

cheers
Old 02 May 2005, 09:45 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

I havn't got an Alpine, but have got a similar DVD stereo in the car...

Not saying the following will apply to you, but, here's what I did on mine:

I had to connect the handbrake sensor to ground (earth) - this allows you to play DVDs, etc. while the car is in motion - rather than being turned off for safety reasons...

There's a button on the stereo/remote marked SRC (Source) - this changes between the audio/video sources on the stereo.

For mine, I've plugged the PS2 into the connectors marked AUX on the back of the stereo - when I select the AUX source you get the PS2 sounds and video on screen...

It sounds like you just need to change the mode of your stereo to the PS2 source and you should be up and running

Hope it helps...
Old 02 May 2005, 09:49 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

cheers matey
ive just sussed the navigation/aux/aux2 thing out after doing what bloke's never do(read the instructions)now all i have to do is sort my p**s poor radio reception(power antenna conection i think), and get some double adaptor type rca cable's so i can run both rear speaker's ,and amp/sub at the same time

thanks for the reply matey
Old 03 May 2005, 12:45 PM
FirebirdUK
Scooby Regular

Hehe - no problem

I had the same problem with poor radio reception after putting my new unit in (it is the power aerial connection)...

The problem I had was that the unit have an ISO connector, so had to work with bare wires from the stereo and the original wiring loom. I couldn't find a wiring guide to tell me what all the wires were for, but found an STi 5 guide (mine's an STi 8) - and all the colours on the loom (apart from earth) had changed

Luckily, the wires on the original loom were in the same position for the STi 5/8(despite being different colours)

I think Pin 1 on the original loom is the power aerial connection (it was the top right pin as you look face on)...