tweeter question, and Sub question

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2005, 04:01 PM
MrDBM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question tweeter question, and Sub question

hi all,

after upgrading the fronts and rears of my classic, i'm finally getting nice sounds in the car..! Just a couple of quick questions for the people in the know

1. Tweeters, is the wiring already in the door (i.e. buy standards and plug em in) or is there more to it than that?

I've just installed regular Boston Acoustics, so new components aren't really an option, it was just a thought really

2. Sub - have a craving for a little more bass whilst on the move. I'm not keen on the seperate amp route cos I'm an amatuer, but I do like the look of the SWD-2000 (i think) Alpine active sub. Anyone have any experience of these things they can offer?

Basically I'm wondering if I will notice any diffeence for the outlay of 200 squid I suppose!!!
Old 11 February 2005, 08:33 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wiring for the tweets is not already there, although that depends on the tweeter your going to use. Some you just link up with your speakers already fitted to the door and away you go, there are others(the better one's) that have there own seperate cross over unit, you have to find a position for this to fit in inside the door though these will sound MUCH better than the cheapo one with a small capacitor as a x-over.

You can fit the tweeters on the little triangle bit near the door mirror, thats is where my infinitys are, they do sound a little on the bright side, but i've tweeked a few setting to dull them a bit.

You will notice the difference with a couple of tweeters fitted.

As for a sub I would recommend going for a seperate sub and amp, I know it can seem hard work to fit these but it is well worth it(we ALL start somewhere & its not that difficult, just common sense really), and you can always change the sub or amp as you please, buy an active sub and your stuck with both amp & sub in one box, no chance of changing if you don't like the sound. Ive heard some of these active subs are just not worth the money.

Lea