Att’ GaryCat - Chiark

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2004, 09:55 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Att’ GaryCat - Chiark

Just been reading the thread “Crap radio reception”

GaryCat as you fitted a sony in your car, did you find reception issues because of the power Arial.

Did you do the same as me GaryCat, plugged the Sony wiring block into the back of the cd/Radio and plugged the Autoleads Harness Adaptor PC2-44-4 between that and the car connector block.

Not sure if I have missed or understand the bit about Have you connected the power control in the ISO block as Chiark Said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My notes:-
I just fitted my CDXF7700 and have noticed that the reception is wandering a little.

On the instructions the pin outs are:

4) YELLOW - continuous power Supply
5) BLUE - Power Arial control
6) ORANGE & WHITE - Switched illumination power supply
7) RED - Switched power Supply
8) BLACK - Earth

I have plugged this into the Autoleads Harness Adaptor PC2-44-4

I have noticed coming out of the plug which goes into the back of the Sony Player two other leads BLUE WHITE STRIED - AMP REM and LIGHT BLUE – ATT

I expect the Blue white striped is for external amp, but not sure what the ATT light blue wire is.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I is not at all clear what this wire is for or what to do with it.

Any Ideas Please?

After reading this thread it has made me wonder if I might have got it wrong.
Old 10 July 2004, 04:37 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Hi Ajax

I just used the PC2-44-4 adaptor connected between the Subaru connector and the ISO plug on the Sony and it all worked OK. In fact, when I tuned the headunit I picked up many stations I'd never seen before so I was happy with the reception.

I'm sure the dark blue wire was in the adaptor lead so I didn't have to do any additional connections.

The light blue ATT wire is to mute the stereo if you have a decent phone kit fitted, when the phone rings the stereo goes quiet.
Old 10 July 2004, 06:12 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks GaryCat:

Sounds like I did it right then, just not had a chance to tune it in properly.
Just could not understand what Chiark meant by the power aerial on Sonys.

The improvement in quality is wonderful with just the head unit.

I still want to do the speakers and after hearing the range of them in Halford I can see why the Infinities are preferred as they sounded the best for price.

Got to read the how to fit a few more times, and get the confidence level up a bit.

Do you still recommend the Infinity 6000cs as the best fit?

Got a few grey areas over the fitting of the small tweeters, not sure how that’s done, and also the mounting & wiring of the cross over looks complicated, can you offer any more insight?

I have enjoyed working through your how too, very good indeed

Ajax

Last edited by Ajax; 11 July 2004 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11 July 2004, 05:04 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Hi Ajax,

The Infinitys are the only ones I've tried so I don't know if any others are a better fit, but whatever you get, you will need a spacer made from MDF or maybe the corsa one.

The tweeter is a bit difficult, you can use the existing tweeter bracket, but it needs a very small screw to mount the tweeter 'cup' on to the bracket. I also used double sided carpet tape but I think an epoxy glue like araldite may have been better.

The main problem is where to mount the crossover, try to find some metal that you can make into a bracket before you start and be prepared to do some drilling and bending of the inner door skin. If you're not confident to do that you might be able to find some component speakers that have the crossover built into the woofer or tweeter itself which would make the install more simple.

The wiring is simple, just run wires from the existing woofer connection to the crossover and then back to the new woofer and tweeter.
Old 11 July 2004, 05:46 PM
Ajax
Scooby Regular

GayCat:

I will go with the Infinity 6000CS’s

I will buy them and post the results when I have done it.

Thanks

Ajax