Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Blaupunkt head unit

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2000, 01:39 PM
harryh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe this should've gone in "Non-Scooby related" but it is an ICE question too so.....

I was recently trying to replace the OE head unit in my sisters Astra, not too sure of the year but it was the previous model. The connections for the original seemed to be standard ISO and the Blaupunkt slotted straight in but the was absolutely no life out of it at all. Does anyone have previous experience of ICE installs in Astras? Is the wiring of the pins different? If so is there a wiring diagram available somewhere? All advice gratefully received.
Old 20 September 2000, 02:38 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Keep it quiet, but I used to have an Astra (1994). I seem to recall that I had to poke around and find a 12V power supply in the loom...

Doesn't help much really. If no-one else replies, try <A HREF=http://www.carstereo.net.uk/cgi-bin/config.pl>Carstereo.net.uk's BBS</A>

(Edited to correct the URL. D'oh)

[This message has been edited by chiark (edited 20 September 2000).]
Old 21 September 2000, 09:41 AM
longun
Scooby Regular

I have a rep mobile Astra and have installed a radio in that but i did find that the ignition and the live where the wrong way round on the ISO block in the Astra.

I don't have a diagram but I will check later for you. And see if I can knock one up for ya....

For the mean time if it won't work try turning the ignition on with the new radio plugged in, because that was the only prob with mine it wouldn't work with out the ignition on. Plus it would loose all its setting when the engine got turned off..

hope that helps a bit..
Old 21 September 2000, 09:52 AM
longun
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Ignore above post mine is the new model, your on about the old model...

Doh....

However As I've Unfortunatley owned two astras hopefully I can still help.

What I had to do in the old Rep mobile was run a live wire from the fuse box straight into the radio. Obviously the live wire from the fuse box needs a fuse in it as would any live wire. But keep the fuse as close to the fuse box as poss so the fuse always blows first before anything else..

I will try and find out but I'm sure Vauxhall have a strange ISO block in there cars that have two wire's round the wrong way, but I can't remember which ones in the old astra's. The above post tells which two wire's are the wrong way round in the new Astra's, it might be the same on the older models but I can't be 100% sure....

Hope some of the Bo**ocks I've been going on about helps in some way..
Old 21 September 2000, 02:49 PM
harryh
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks Longun. Don't you just love standards? If you didn't have standards people would have nothing to ignore
Old 21 September 2000, 04:35 PM
longun
Scooby Regular

Talking

Glad I could help even if it wasn't much, let me know if any of the information helped you in the end, it would be interesting to see if my brain is actually working....

Cheers...
Old 21 September 2000, 05:31 PM
^Gazzer^
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I installed a unit in my previous car which was a Vectra. I found a similar problem. There are two power leads, one permonantly on , and the other which comes on when the ignition key is turned on. I found that I had to swap these two leads round to make it work. You can test this with a multimeter, or a 12v bulb and some bits of wire.