ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Speaker suggestions for power.

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2000, 10:29 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I have just bought a Rockford Fosgate 800a4 amp to power the speakers in the front and rear of my car, I also have a rocky fos 250 watt amp to power 1 or 2 10inch subs (haven't decided yet).

I'm fishing for some suggestions of decent speakers that can cope with this sort of power, any suggestions ?

Old 14 August 2000, 08:11 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Depends what you listen to really MTX are good for rock music Missions are vocally sweet MB-Quartz are just amazing all round the following are good makes but not been around soundoff scene for a few years so dont know what they offer at the mo, Cliff Designs, JL Audio(fit straight into standard scooby hole apparently), Alpine, best to really listen to some and see what you like everybodys ears and ability to take in sound is different so what i might think is good you might think is pants and vice versa. Also maybe go to some sound offs theese guys are a freindly bunch and will be more than happy to let you listen to there cars maybe even some scoobs doing it now .

Simon
Ps All this is IMHO
Old 14 August 2000, 08:14 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Oops sorry also put your money together for fronts and rears and just by a really good set of front speakers after all you dont go to a concert and turn your back to the band do you

Simon
Old 15 August 2000, 11:08 AM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I listen to a lot of rock usually (nothing like metallica to really get you round the m25 fast in rush hour lol). But i do listen to all sorts.

MB quart appeals, heard a demo with a nak head unit and that was awesome, might try jl for a laugh though. Will have to check up and see if they can cope with that sort of wattage.

I just picked up a set of MB Quart 218.03 CX 6.5" Comp Set god alone knows if they are any good or whether they fit ! But they were too cheap to say no to.
Anyone got any ideas as to whether they will go in ?

[This message has been edited by ptholt (edited 15 August 2000).]
Old 15 August 2000, 07:09 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Good boy nothing matches ONE, but Alice Cooper is the real god early stuff like only women bleed, i love the dead, school out elected just fantastic.

Cheers
Simon
Ps What do you think about the mettalic and syphany(sp?) album.
Old 15 August 2000, 07:23 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Ps Every speaker will fit you just have to know how to persuade it . Wattage thing is'nt a problem when you are looking at decent speakers really it's more a case of how you set it up with amp level control, when you got it all in spend some quality time with tunes you listen to alot (nothing else matters of the black album ) turn amp level right down low,turn head unit all the way up and then down a little bit leave treble, bass alone not worth using, turn amp level up until you start noticing distortion then turn down a little.

Simon
Ps The bonus track on jagged little by Allanis Morrisette is very good for setting up to as its quite a challenging track vocally