ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Fitting SatNav - Help

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2003, 10:50 AM
BBSparkys_Cupra
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help. Im normally pretty good at stereo wiring ( fit all my own headsets and amps etc ) and have been offered a brand new alpine SatNav system ( Drive, control box and seperate screen with all wires etc ) and wondered how difficult these are to fit. Is it likely to be something i could do myself? there seemed a lot of wires involved. If not how much would you expect to pay to get it fitted? Ive been offered this at a really cheap price but if its going to be a nightmare/expensive to fit then i wont bother. Oh its going into a smart car too ( dont laugh ) and would probably have a PS2 linked into the control box. DOnt have the Alpine model numbers though at the mo.

Cheers
Marc
Old 23 July 2003, 08:22 PM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

you'll find it easy enough mate, the only wire you may have a bit of fuss about is connecting the speed pulse - for that you need to identify the right wire going into the control cluster and tap a wire off that. other than that, you just earth the handbrake, and + and - as normal. what sat nav unit have you?
Old 24 July 2003, 08:52 AM
BBSparkys_Cupra
Scooby Regular

Cheers. Dont have the model number off hand but will get it tonight if i can. This pulse wire, is that going to be from the instrument cluster or off the ecu? guess i need to just get it all out and connect it up on the lounge floor to see what wires there are to connect.

Marc
Old 24 July 2003, 11:52 PM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

cluster - or the wire that comes from the ecu to the cluster. On the scoob its easiest to identify the wire by removing the control cluster (quite easily, too)