Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Sub Enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2003, 06:36 PM
pb25m
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right i have decided to sort out my ice!
170mm JL comps in the front, 130mm coax in the back run off a xplode amp, Kenwood TV controll unit with 6 disc changer, PS2, TV, Sat nav. Kicker 404X amp for the sub!
All installed apart from the 12" sub, which im hoping to fit in the spare wheel well of my 2002 wagon!

First off has anyone done this before, if so a point in the right directon would be helpful.
I am thinking of making the bottom half of the box out of fiberglass so its an exact fit to the well, but where can i get the materials from? ( in the midlands/B'ham)
Old 08 July 2003, 06:51 PM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

good question, one i asked today to one fo my friends - he got it from a local bodykit shop that does rude boy bodykits, so i'd start there. he also did a sub enclosure in the spare wheel well of his golf several years back - just make sure there are no lips that will prevent the box from coming out, other wise it's a trip down to the garage and two grease monkeys with crow bars to get it out... check the jl website for optimum enclosure volumes.
Old 09 July 2003, 08:14 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Hi, I dropped you a mail but this might be helpful for others on the board

Look in yellow pages (or yell.co.uk) for "glass fibre plastics" in your area and buy from there. Take their advice on how much catalyst you need for resin, and what matting you need too, but in short you'll need
- resin (about 3kg will be more than enough)
- catalyst (20ml/kg - but check suppliers and work in batches of 200g or so)
- gloves (they'll sell boxes of latex gloves cheap)
- pots
- cheap brushes
- stirring sticks

Cheers,
Nick.