Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Mstation

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2003, 03:51 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to install my Mstation into my scoob.
It'll be playing through the aux-in of my cd-tuner but to control it the Mstation wired remote control and display has to sit somewhere in the dash or centre console.

Has anyone done this and managed to get the wired remote into a suitably stealth but useable position?

Thanks,

Vindaloo.
Old 07 May 2003, 04:39 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

I *think* some people have used the ashtray - do a search on mstation as they were cheap quite a few months ago and a few people were tempted...
Old 08 May 2003, 02:44 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I think I'll need to have a play with a similarly shaped box. Ideally it would sit near the insrument pack whilst in use. In theory I can use it as a display only and use the IR remote to control matters.

Vindaloo.
Old 05 August 2003, 03:03 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got a Dension MP3 player myself, but I used the ashtray area to mount the remote control. It fits perfectly and is well out of the way.

Unfortunately, since it's so low down it's a bit hard to adjust when on the move. Ideally I would have fitted it somewhere around the steering column, but there's just nowhere else in my MY99 that would have looked as good.

The one place would be mounted to the right above the fog light controls or in a custom-design housing on top of the dash next to the drivers A-pillar.

Stefan

[Edited by ozzy - 5/8/2003 3:08:42 PM]