ICE Questions for 94 WRX Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2000, 05:10 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Got a couple of q's

1: Will a 94 WRX Wagon take a stanard DIN size head unit?

2: What would you recommend for a head unit plus CD autochanger package, max cost £500?

Old 15 March 2000, 05:34 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I believe it is a double din but will accept a single din. The surround under the cup holders up to the gear stick comes away allowing the head unit to go into ints mounting behind the trim. It is held in place with screws from the side making it much more difficult to nick.

I would advise staying away from kenwood as the shape of the front panel has been knwon to cause problems as some do not have a removable trim and hence do not allow the cars trim to go back on.

For £500 you can get an excellent cd/multiplay combo but for diversity you may wish to consider mindisk. I wouldn't.

I am in southend, essex (not far from scoobysport) and can get preferential deals from my local shop due to long time loyalty and helping him out re technical matters in the past.

If you want me to loko into a deal for you, mail me off line. If not, try any reputable shop or the mail order shops at the back of lesser car magazines aimed at young hoodlums.

Always ask for a discount, asthe markup is usually huge.

Good luck.
Old 15 March 2000, 08:18 PM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

Markus,

I have put an Alpine 3-in the dash CD changer /head unit in my WRX MY96. So far I am very pleased with it. 349 UKP from Halfords including free fitting and a Casio Shock watch. You can get it for 299 UKP mail order if you look around.

Charles