ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

CD recognition and stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2002, 05:18 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have a Panasonic FX920R.... think it's that, from the blue shock range, has a little speaker on it which folds out on a little motor!

It's supposed to be able to display the name of the CD and the name of the track, I've had it two years and I'm still waiting to see a name come up on it

Am I doing summat wrong or does nobody bother putting that info on cd's anymore?

Also, after having the battery go flat I've been messing around with some of the settings. Dunno if it helps but, it's in a Fiesta, have mids and tweeters in the front, 7 X 10's in the back and an MTX sub in the boot, oh and the little tweeter on the set. I also have an amp running the sub and the rear speakers.

Now, I can adjust the usual, front back, left and right, bass and treble but there are also delay options, whatever they do? From the set I can control the bass freq plus volume and delay for the sub. Then there are graphic equalisers and space options too

In short then, I'm a tad overwhelmed by all the various options, anyone got any tips for seeting it all up?

Cheers, Bob
Old 15 September 2002, 08:23 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

There's not a huuuuge amount of CDs encoded with CD text. Dunno why, people don't really bother. (This is my limited experience, admittedly!)

Old 16 September 2002, 10:02 AM
audio g man
Scooby Regular

Smile

There doesn't seem to be many albums on the market with text on them. I think PLAY by J-LO was the last album we bought which had text on it, that was quite a while ago.

The best thing I could say about setting the unit up is, read the manual.

Good luck
Old 16 September 2002, 12:56 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

well, I'm fecked if I'm buying an album by that fat *** bint just to see her name I suspected it might not be a popular feature anymore.

The instruction book, hmm! It's good in that it tells you how to adjust everything, just doesn't really explain what happens when you do, or how to adjust summat to obtain summat else

I guess I'll have to go find an isolated lay by again

Cheers
Old 16 September 2002, 08:38 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Have just spent an hour and half monkeying around with stuff Not sure if it's sounds any different but I know mi ears are ringing
Old 17 September 2002, 12:55 AM
MysoScooby
Scooby Newbie

If you have a CD burner on your PC there is a program called "Nero" (and prob hundreds others) that you can burn CD Text on to a CD you have created (providing your burner supports it). I would just like to add I have never downloaded or burnt any copywrited material officer!
Old 21 September 2002, 10:30 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Smile

I have a cd burner with cd text , copy all your cds and encode them with cd text in NERO burning software Then you will have track title , Album Title and artist displayed on you cd player , Nice