Arial/reception problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2000, 11:44 AM
ColinU
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi folks,

Anyone had problems with the arial? My radio reception seems to cut out momemtarily on a pretty regular basis. It sounds like a blip as if the RDS is cutting in. My guess is the arial (or it's cable) is poor and the signal going to the head unit is on the verge of being too low. Happened with the original/standard head unit as well as the Sony MD7900 I fitted recently.

What makes me really suspicious of a poor arial/cable is that about 20% of the time the drop-out coincides with me hitting a bump in the road or hitting the brakes... or maybe that's just my imagination.

Before I go to the trouble of ripping the arial/cable out, does anyone have commets or suggestions?

Cheers,
ColinU
Old 09 January 2000, 11:17 PM
Milesa
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the Impreza have a booster attached to the aerial - on my old Primera's bee sting aerial I had a very bad signal until I properly wired in the booster, don't know if the Impreza has one as standard. Get the punters who sold you the stereo to test it and try the original headunit. If those fail get a booster for the antenna.