Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

Sub Enclosure Question.....

Search this Thread

Old 28 August 2002, 10:27 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Chiark

Help me here....

I want to put 2x 12" Subs into the boot of my STI-V, have and Auto Accousics box now which is good, but if they make the passenger side box the subs are going to counteract each other.....

Do I build my own (How difficult is it?) wedge type cabinets in each corner of the boot? Facing at an angle so the Sound fires towards the rear of the back seat?

Or Loose my Amp rack and have a double box in the boot behind the rear seat?

Or! Have the wedge cabinets either side of my amp rack with the subs firing into the middle of the boot?

Thoughts please?!
Old 28 August 2002, 10:51 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Others can help, but here's my thoughts...

side box the subs are going to counteract each other.....
They could counteract each other. As soon as you get two subs, especially that aren't mounted on the same plane, there's a chance that you'll get augmentation and cancellation, but it shouldn't be that bad. Admittedly facing each other could be the worst... But I wouldn't get too hung up about it.

Do I build my own (How difficult is it?) wedge type cabinets in each corner of the boot? Facing at an angle so the Sound fires towards the rear of the back seat?
You could do, but you need to plan how you'd get to your jack, or to the bulbs when you need to change 'em. You also need to work out how to maximise the volume of the box by fitting the profile of the corner. Firing towards the back seat will mean the driver is playing into the largest space available, so that is a good plan, but may be difficult to execute.

Or Loose my Amp rack and have a double box in the boot behind the rear seat?
Could do - could you post a picture of your setup at the moment. Would 12" fit behind the seat?

Or! Have the wedge cabinets either side of my amp rack with the subs firing into the middle of the boot?
Show us what you've got now and we'll work something out

Nick.
Old 28 August 2002, 10:59 AM
TBMeech
Scooby Regular

Location: Surrey Somewhere, From 341 bhp '99 STI V to '98 Merc CLK & '00 Peugeot 306 XSI to '01 E46 M3 :)
Thumbs up

Cheers Chiark

I'll try and grab some photos tonight, it's nothing special but the amps are mounted in the boot quite nicely imho, don't really want to move them etc.
Old 03 September 2002, 12:09 AM
Si.t
Scooby Regular

err, this exactly what i'm considering at the moment, with the 320 sitting in the middle with a bit of black light on the PG ZX and two jl 12w6 either side. Going to measure it up, it may be possible...

the pics under sound from sqplus has given me some ideas...

http://www.sqplus.com/htdocs/index2.html