Notices
ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

What adapters, wires, general bits do u need when ordering ICE goodies from MCS etc?

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2002, 04:33 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Guna order a SONY headunit, interchanger & infinity speakers from MCS & was just wondering if/what i also need 2 b asking for so when i go 2 a place 2 fit 'em they dont go where's the blahdy blah we need 2 fit these goodies?
Any help gr8ly appreciated
Cheers
Si
Old 18 August 2002, 05:30 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One word Si - punctuation

Well, if the Sony has a std ISO connector, then it'll just plug straight into any MY99/MY00 dash. The "interchanger" (guess you mean CD Changer?) will come with it's own cable, so nothing needed there.

I've just bought some new speakers myself, but since I'm amping them, I need to install a new run of speaker cable from the amp and some RCA cables from my headunit to the amp.

So, I'm not sure about the speakers. Questions needing answered are:-

Do they just replace the OEM ones using the existing wiring loom?
What mounts are needed if they are too deep for the doors?
If you have component speakers with crossovers, do you connect them to the existing wiring and then run some new wires from the crossover to the tweeter/woofer components?

Stefan
Old 18 August 2002, 06:12 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Id a thought that if you go 2 a place 2 have them fitted and theyre ne good then they will have all the blahdy blah bits neway

By the way, UK MY99/00 have standard ISO sockets behind the dash already, but P1's don't...
Old 18 August 2002, 07:58 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well, queens english mode on , it's a MY97 turbo 2000 i have so dunno how/if that affects it but speakers r guna b infinity 605cse or 60.5 cs but either way shud fit without out a prob (can but hope eh) although tweeter just guna get stuck on triangle window bit. So dunno about the wiring thingamies but hopefully the installing place will no der **** & yes i wood hope they will have the necessary n all in da worse case! At least i presume they wood ave any necessary wiring that might b needed 2 hoock up all da goodies, & yep will be CD interchanger, although no amp (yet) so it's more whether any sorta adapter type stuff (i no all da technical terms init) wood b necessary for the headunit 2 fit into da slot?
Si
NB queens engliss went pete tong wot wot wot
Old 18 August 2002, 09:09 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Si,

Hope yer not like Tim Westwood m8

The headunit should be a straightforward swap. When you speak to the installers, make them aware of any worries you have. If it were my car, I'd tell them not to cut any of the original wiring loom or drill holes to mount anything. I'd want the car left reasonably untouched incase I wanted to remove anything.

Not sure what everyone else is using to mount the tweeters, but I'd imagine either screws , glue or double-sided sticky tape.

Here's some pics of the 605cs's and what bits 'n pieces you get with them.

Stefan
Old 18 August 2002, 10:09 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

cheers m8, & er no i'm far better looking, more charismatic etc etc lol
I take it those r actually pix of the 605cse rather than the 60.5cs since it says reference rather than kappa? Although from pix i've seen on other sites that about the only visible difference i kud c?
Ho hum time 2 prise open me wallet anyhow
Si
Old 18 August 2002, 10:38 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

As you can see they're 605cs's. Does exactly what it says on the tin (well box anyway)

About £80 from MCS.

Stefan

[Edited by ozzy - 8/18/2002 10:39:11 PM]