Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

***Latest KSport brake kit GROUP BUY***

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2008, 03:30 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Latest KSport brake kit GROUP BUY***

GB NOW CLOSED!

1: Mclark
2: Dave Beck
3: WXD
4: wrighty338
5:

Outline

Demand dictates its time for another KSport big brake kit group buy. Our cost price has just gone up dramatically on these but Ill do one last blast before retail prices go up in September. When you bear in mind that our cost has gone up as much as 34% (on the 380mm 12 pot kits) youll appriciate how good a price the following buy gives you. Unless I manage to nail KSport to the wall (and Im trying, trust me) this will be the last time to buy these stonkingly good brakes at this rediculous low price. At the moment KSport are talking about a container worth of kits to get a better deal, and we are talking 300+ kits in a container.

Anyway, we have 120 odd kits coming for a wide range of cars but because you guys lap up the kits and know a bargain when you see one Ive got a good portion of Impreza kits on their way.

We have the following coming:

4x 1992-2007 (not 05+ STi) 304mm 6 pot front
30x 1992-2007 (not 05+ STi) 330mm 8 pot front
6x 1992-2007 (not 05+ STi) 356mm 8 pot front
1x 1992-2007 (not 05+ STi) 330mm 6 pot rear
6x 1992-2007 (not 05+STi) 356mm 6 pot rear
1x 2000-2005 STi Brembo (not 114.3) 330mm 6 pot rear
1x 2000-2005 STi Brembo (not 114.3) 356mm 6 pot rear

3x 05+ STi 330mm 8 pot front
2x 05+ STi 330mm 6 pot rear
2x 05+ STi 356mm 6 pot rear

Once theyve gone theyve gone so its first come first served

Anyone of interest running KSport brakes?

Zen Performance, winners of Time Attack Pro last year run KSport brakes as does Kevin Atkins, winner of Time Attack Club last year. Performance Subaru have been on the podium in Time Attack twice so far this year and yes, you guessed it, they run KSport brakes all round!

We have had a number of people (including numerous Time Attack entrants, both in Club and Pro class) now swap from AP racing front brakes to KSport all round and they all say the same thing, the car is transformed from nose diving and instability under braking and corner entry (trail braking being particularly difficult when the rear of the car is so light) to a much more stable braking platform. Its been likened to someone just pulling the car fromt he centre fo the rear bumper as you brake hard. This gives a flat braking stance which improve stability massively and allows significantly greater corner entry speed as a result.

What about the increase in unsprung weight?

STiFreak kindly supplied figures for the stock Brembos:

Front Disk and bell = 11.5kg
Rear Disk and bell = 9.5kg
Front 4-pot Caliper = 6kg
Rear 2-pot Caliper = 3kg

Overall weight for all four corners, comes in at 58kg.

As opposed to the K-sports:

356mm rotor with bell and fixings 8.8kg
330mm rotor with bell and fixings 7.6kg
Front 8 pot caliper 2.8kg
Rear 6 pot caliper 2.4kg

Overall weight for all four corners is 43.2kg

What do people think of KSport brakes? A couple of quotes:

Originally Posted by jd5217
I have the 356mm 8 pot fronts fitted to my STi8, cannot fault them.
Originally Posted by billyblobeyes
Got the k sport kit a couple of months ago and cant recommend it enough. I have the 356mm 8 pots front and 356mm 6 pots rear. The peddle is great with modulation in and out, no on or off.Pissball to fit as well.
Originally Posted by dmnbrm
i fitted the k-sport calipers 3 months ago and have found them to be fantastic,there half the price of other kits and got deliverd 2 days later,fitted in about 1 hour,lots of feel,they look good.cant recomend them enough.

I have 17" oz superleggra 2 running 215/40/17 tyres,i measured before i bought them and i thought the 356mm disc would be too tight,the 330mm disc fits perfect behing the 17" wheels and i have had no clearance issues at all.ive had other scoobys that i had alcon big brake kit on,and on my 2nd scooby i had a tarox kit.
all i can say is the k-sport outshines them all,and it cost me half the money.
also the orange calipers look wicked.
Originally Posted by j900ase
Just fitted them to my RB320, i have had many sets of AP,s on many cars. But thought i would give these a try, so far so good they fit well and disc run out was 0.01mm on both sides , my last set of AP,s was 0.02. bedding in still at moment but initial feel is very good with excellent pedal feel.
Magazine feature highlighting benefit of KSport 356mm kit on S14 200SX

Right click and save as to download feature from Jap Performance magazine

Pics

8 pot front caliper

6 pot rear caliper

Complete kits

6 pot 304mm kits

Complete kit

6 pot front caliper

Another shot of 6 pot front caliper

Fitted pic

The kits

The KSport kits comprise:
  • 2x KSport lightweight aluminium calipers
  • 2x KSport rotors
  • 2x KSport bells
  • 2x KSport brackets
  • 2x KSport braided brake lines
  • Set of brake pads
  • KSport mounting kit
  • Fitting guide

Our website is here:

KSport website

Details of performance

The kits feature heavy duty grooved race rotors. We have found over our years of testing that rotor choice is critical. It took us many months of on track testing and working with KSport to come up with kits that we were happy with.

We introduced many tweaks to the calipers, rotors and even bell design. We (as in Apex) have spent in excess of £10,000 testing the brakes in our 592bhp Nissan Skyline in conjunction with Apex's professional driver, Tim Marshall. This is just the money spent testing with one of our vehicles, collectively we use 10+ cars to gather data and exprience from.

The kits are very much tried, tested and proven and after selling hundreds of kits we have only ever had two reported customer rotor failures on an early kit fitted to a heavy, powerful car with virtually no bedding in and then run on one of the fastest and harshest braking circuits in the UK. The rotors have been altered since then to improve reliability even further. The second failure is on a heavily used and abused track car and its suspected that the rotors were fitted back to front therefore destroying the cooling ability of the centre cooling vains which led to overheating of the rotor..

We have never had a reported leaking caliper, no failed seals, zero issues with pistons sticking etc. To date they are proven to be a true fit and forget product

What vehicles have we been testing on?

Unlike other sellers we believe in running and extensively testing what we sell, not on the road but on track for maximum stress and strain. We work closely with a number of cars monitoring performance, usage etc and gathering feedback. To this end we have collectively done 70+ track days at just about every track in the UK along with multiple European venues including Sweden, Germany and Belgium.

Apex Test S14a - 356mm front kit
Team Apex S13 #1 - 390+bhp, competition winning, 330mm front kit
Team Apex S13 #2 - 280bhp, 330mm front kit
Team Apex EDC and track Skyline - 592bhp, professional driver, 330mm front then 356mm front then 356mm all round
Team Apex Subaru Impreza Type RA - 330bhp, 330mm front kit
Richard Henry Motorsport Impreza #1 - 330bhp, 330mm front kit
Richard Henry Motorsport Impreza #2 - 330bhp, 356mm front kit
H-Dev S13 - 500bhp, 2006 Time Attack winning car, 330mm front kit
Team DCMS S14 - 440bhp, 330mm front kit

KSport 330mm front vs Brembo Skyline set up

Back to back testing has highlighted that the KSport 330mm kit provides superior feel and stopping power to the Skyline GTR Brembo front set up, very similar to the Impreza Brembo set up. DCMS have two S14s, one a road car, the other a track car. The track car came fitted with Brembo front brakes whilst the road car runs KSport 330mm set up. Both car run a Z32 rear brake set up. After back to back testing DCMS came to the conclusion that the KSport front kit was superior in performance to the Brembo so the kits were swapped with the track car being giving maximum performance with the KSport kit.

What discounts are being offered?

The following prices include the discount and includes KSport street pads. Pad upgrade options will follow.

The kits will all come with BLACK calipers with the latest design logo! Unless, that is, you want a rear kit to match an existing front set up in which case the appropriate caliper will be provided. Unfortunately we are unable ot offer the custom caliper colours as wed hoped at this time, we are doing some more durability testing on the new finishes before releasing them.

Fitting info

356mm rotor with bell and fixings 8.8kg
330mm rotor with bell and fixings 7.6kg
Front 8 pot caliper 2.8kg
Rear 6 pot caliper 2.4kg
Total 356mm diameter needed inside wheel 400mm
Total 330mm diameter needed inside wheel 375mm
Measurement out from hub face to outside edge of caliper 32mm

Retail price, prices INCLUDE vat! If you are within a country that doesnt pay EU vat then we will of course knock the vat off, around 15%.

Front:

304mm 6 pot £825
330mm 8 pot £855
356mm 8 pot £999

Rear:

330mm 6 pot £855
356mm 6 pot £999

If we get 5+ people then the following prices will be offered:

Front:

304mm 6 pot £660
330mm 8 pot £684
356mm 8 pot £799

Rear:

We cant do the same discount on the rear as the front because the rears cost more. Nuts I know but KSport reckon its the additional cost in the material and machine work of the rear drum centre bell. Cant see it myself but theres no arguing with the factory Im afraid.

330mm 6 pot £701.25
356mm 6 pot £849.15

Pad upgrades

If you want to do more than sprited back road driving then we can offer the following brake pad upgrades. The price is what needs adding to the kit price to change from the default KSport Street front pads to the required pads. The pad upgrade price has increaseed slightly. When you upgrade we take the KSPort pads out fo the kit and swap to the Ferodo. We offer a discount on the Ferodod on the basis of the resale value of the KSport. Sadly we now have a rediculous number of KSport pads in stock so theyre effectively worthless. That means we cant keep effectively buying them from you guys witht he highly subsised prices. Im splitting the difference with you with the new prices. If anyone wants to buy the KSports and Ferodos then just add £25 to the cost of the Ferodo upgrade and youll also get the KSport to use for day to day etc.

Front 8 pot pads

KSport Sport +£34
KSport Race +£70
Ferodo DS2500 +£100
Ferodo DS3000 +£140

Rear 6 pot pads

KSport Sport +£29
KSport Race +£49
Ferodo DS2500 +£69
Ferodo DS3000 +£95

When are the kits due?

The kits have been ordered, manufactured and shipped. The boat is due to dock on September 9th with a week or so for the goods to get from the docks to us. If theres a dleay witht he docking date then the shipment will obviously be delayed so take this into account.

International shipping costs.

The below prices are through our usual courier. We maybe able to get a better price on large orders by negotiating with our various freight companies but you certainly wont pay more than the prices listed below.

Zone 1:

Belgium, Ireland (Southern), Luxembourg, Netherlands

1 kit £53
2 kits £85
5 kits £165
10 kits £275
20 kits £560

Zone 2:

Andorra, Austria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungaru, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Solvenia, Spain, Sweden

1 kit £60
2 kits £95
5 kits £190
10 kits £360
20 kits £670

Zone 3:

Rest of Europe

1 kit £75
2 kits £120
5 kits £250
10 kits £455
20 kits £875

Sorting payment

Full payment is due late August or very early September. The quantity of kits is limited to an extent so its first come first served.

Payments are used to help pay for the shipment hence the discount. Please ensure that funds are available for your order as payment will be taken at anytime and we will NOT contact anyone before doing this unless you have requested it.

Please do NOT just stick your name on this thread, that will NOT be counted a an order. Orders are only confirmed when you have phoned with payment details. Please do not pm me with orders, they need to be placed over the phone, through our website, through Paypal or via bank transfer.

Good will ONLY be sent to the address that the card is registsered to. Theres no point arguing or pleading with my staff in an attempt to get the goods delivered to an alternate adress, fraudulent orders with stolen cards had led to a strict company policy of goods only going to the registered address. A pain for some, I know, thank the thieving scum of this world for forcing us into this position

If you want the goods sending to an alternate address then you can pay by bank transfer.

Phone - You can phone your order through to 01274 683633. International customers shouldnt be concerned about speaking to us, all the staff at Apex are more than used to dealing with international customers as a large percentage of our customer base is located throughout Europe.

Website - You can use this blank order form on our website, just bear in mind that it will only accept credit card details at this point, not debit. Just put the details of the required kit and vehicle specifics in the comments box. We will manually process the order in the office. We need the following info in the comments box:

Car model (e.g Impreza)
Car version (e.g. Sti, WRX) This is important, the later Stis run a different rear kit to the WRX and earlier cars.
Car year
PCD if known (5x100 for majority, 5x114.3 for STi 05 onwards)

Details of product being ordered

Paypal - You need to add a 4% Paypal surcharge to the total (goods plus carriage) to cover Paypals processing costs. Just multiply the total by 1.04. Our Paypal address is payATapexperformance.co.uk and we will need the following information including in the Paypal payment to complete the order:

Full name
Full address
Daytime contact telephone number
Email address
Scoobynet username

Car model (e.g Impreza)
Car version (e.g. Sti, WRX) This is important, the later Stis run a different rear kit to the WRX and earlier cars.
Car year
PCD if known (5x100 for majority, 5x114.3 for STi 05 onwards)

Details of product being ordered

Bank transfer

Please pm me if you want to pay by bank transfer for further info and to arrange.

Last edited by bren@apex; 13 October 2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09 August 2008, 03:34 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Full payment is due before 23rd May
Old 09 August 2008, 03:41 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

All altered, should now be correct
Old 10 August 2008, 10:21 AM
Badbird
Scooby Regular

hi whats the price for a set pf 330 8 pot fronts and 330 6 pot rears for a 97 typr R sti within this group buy
also what suspension deals you doing??
cheers
Old 10 August 2008, 03:54 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

can the price go down anymore if we get more than 10? also is it def black only colour?

cheers
Old 11 August 2008, 09:26 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Badbird
hi whats the price for a set pf 330 8 pot fronts and 330 6 pot rears for a 97 typr R sti within this group buy
also what suspension deals you doing??
cheers
£1385.25 plus £17.63 carriage for front and rears

We are offering this coilover and alignment arm deal at the moment:

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...umber-3-a.html
Old 11 August 2008, 09:28 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaveBeck
can the price go down anymore if we get more than 10? also is it def black only colour?

cheers
The price wont change, Im already offering 20% on the fronts as it is, thats very generous considering the big jump in cost price that KSport have just thrown at us. These kits will sell day in day out at full retail and I got them at the old price. Its the last time Ill get them at the old cost price. What I should do is just sit on them and sell them at the NEW retail price in September and enjoy the additional margin that will give.

The boats already left, every kit is coming with black calipers
Old 11 August 2008, 11:18 AM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

No chance of a set of orange rear 6 pots this time then?
Old 11 August 2008, 12:00 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Mmmm, let me see what I can do. The calipers will have to be special ordered to match the fronts. I have no problems doing this to sort prior customers out at full money but margins are very tight at the moment and I need to make sure we wouldnt be running at a loss. I will pay through the nose for just one pair of orange calipers airfreighted you see.

Let me check
Old 11 August 2008, 07:59 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

You dont have to go on the defensive mate. I can see its a good offer, was just a question to see if it was going to get better.

im going to be calling as dont want to miss out this time round.
Old 11 August 2008, 08:09 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

If you dont ask....

Im not being defensive, just explaining the way things are
Old 11 August 2008, 08:10 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Old 11 August 2008, 11:06 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bren@apex
Mmmm, let me see what I can do. The calipers will have to be special ordered to match the fronts. I have no problems doing this to sort prior customers out at full money but margins are very tight at the moment and I need to make sure we wouldnt be running at a loss. I will pay through the nose for just one pair of orange calipers airfreighted you see.

Let me check

Cool cheers
Old 13 August 2008, 11:35 AM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Ordered

what are the best pads though for everyday driving with occasional track. i went for the sport pads ?
Old 13 August 2008, 12:20 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Bren, what are the prices for the front 304mm 6 pot upgrade?

Also have you had feedback from the people that bought the 304 kit in the previous GB that can confirm that the impreza OE 16" alloys (that clear the OE 4 pots) clear these kits?

Cheers
Old 14 August 2008, 02:47 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaveBeck
Ordered

what are the best pads though for everyday driving with occasional track. i went for the sport pads ?
Id go with DS2500s
Old 14 August 2008, 03:24 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Bren, what are the prices for the front 304mm 6 pot upgrade?

Also have you had feedback from the people that bought the 304 kit in the previous GB that can confirm that the impreza OE 16" alloys (that clear the OE 4 pots) clear these kits?

Cheers
The kits are £660.

KSport Sport +£30
Ferodo DS2500 +£70
Ferodo DS3000 +£100

I believe they fit but I cant think of anyone off the top of my head whos tried them.
Old 14 August 2008, 08:03 PM
mark28
Scooby Regular

Location: "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary...Now that's what gets you."

well worth the money! didnt get these in the group buy but still well worth the money.

rear 356mm

mark
Old 14 August 2008, 10:00 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

any news on orange rear calipers bren? if you can do em id be after a 330mm rear 6pot set up?

cheers
jon
Old 20 August 2008, 02:42 PM
Louise@Apex
Scooby Newbie

People who have called to confirm so far:

1)Dave Beck
2)PO60064H
3) Mclark

If you are wanting to place an order for the brakes, please give us a quick call on 01274 683633 to confirm your details.

Thanks, Louise
Old 20 August 2008, 02:50 PM
mclark
Scooby Regular

Yep, just placed an order for 8 pots with 356mm discs and DS2500 pads for my STI V6.

I have the same kit on my RX7 track car and it is a serious improvement over stock brakes and one of the best mods I've done to that. You really can't go wrong at this price!!!
Old 20 August 2008, 04:54 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

il take a 330mm rear kit, il phone you asap
Old 21 August 2008, 09:57 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

1: Mclark
2: Dave Beck
3:
4:
5:
Old 21 August 2008, 11:53 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

I will place an order once I have confirmed that the 304 6pot kit fits under MY99 and MY00 OE impreza 16" wheels.
Old 21 August 2008, 04:09 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

What happens when they get here and there isnt 5 people? will you hold them back?
Old 21 August 2008, 04:25 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

There will be five people, dont worry about it
Old 21 August 2008, 04:30 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

big thumbs up to Bren@Apex for customer service
I cannot fault them in anyway.
Old 21 August 2008, 09:22 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

Originally Posted by Peanuts
big thumbs up to Bren@Apex for customer service
I cannot fault them in anyway.

second that, had a little problem and Bren got it sorted straight away.

cant wait to get these on
Old 22 August 2008, 10:36 AM
my00scooby
Scooby Regular

Any idea whether the 330mm 8 pot fronts will fit a classic running bugeye onwards wrx wheels (not the sti wheel)
Old 22 August 2008, 11:22 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Yes, theres a pic of one in the previous groupbuy thread.

Unfortunately, no pics of 304 kits and 16" wheels, but I'm working on it!

Quick Reply: ***Latest KSport brake kit GROUP BUY***