Notices
Group Buys Post your Group Buy and subscribe to existing group buys here!

Apex/BC coilover Group Buy number 2!

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2008, 05:06 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex/BC coilover Group Buy number 2!

EDIT: Ive asked for this thread to be locked. If you are chasing an outstanding order then please give us a ring on 01274 683633.

If you want to get involved at a set of our coilovers at bargain price then please refer to the third group buy thread here:

https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys...ml#post7989394

Introduction

We have a new batch of Apex Gen2 coilovers due to land in the next couple
of weeks. Theyre manufactured for us by BC and for the first time Ive decided to run them under the BC brand at request of the manufacturers who want to get a little more exposure. Theyre identical to the coilovers we sold in the last GB and have been selling before and after. We still have some of the stock from the last order so you might get gold and black BC branded or you might get red and black and Apex branded. Its the same product

Coilover features

The new coilovers feature:
  • New damper units with a wider range of adjustment
  • Integrated bearing in front spring top platform to prevent spring binding and smooth out steering
  • Lightweight bottom mounts to reduce unsprung weight
  • 32 way click damping adjustable
  • Modular design allows easy and cost effective servicing
  • Various springs rates available, easy to change
  • Spring platform adjustable for corner weight adjustment
  • Ride height adjustable through bottom mount to retain full damper travel
  • Ultra reliable brand, very low damper failure rates with full warrenty and after sales back up
  • Pillowball front top mounts
  • Camber adjustable front top mounts
  • Rubber centred rear top mount for ultimate refinement

What cars do we have running the coilovers?

We have been testing them on various cars for a while now and are currently fitted to, amongst others, the following cars
  • Apex EDC/Time Attack V8 Skyline
  • Apex Time Attack S13 - SMs (1st rwd in class Time Attack Donny, 2nd rwd in class Time Attack Silverstone, 3rd rwd in TOTB)
  • Apex Time Attack S13 - Yaks (2nd in class in rwd Time Attack Knockhill)
  • Apex 2007 EDC S13 - Ian Harrison
  • Apex EDC Onevia - Kieran
  • Apex Test S14a
  • Apex Type RA Impreza
  • Team DCMS S14 - Graham
  • Team DCMS S14a - Pete

Note that the guys running these units are all experienced in motorsport at some level, be it competition, track days, etc. Most of them (SM excluding ) also have a decent degree of mechanical knowledge. My point is that they know their stuff to a much greater degree than most people as they have a larger range of experience on which to base their opinion

Some of the cars:

Team Apex V8 Skyline

Team Apex S13

Another Team Apex S13

Team Apex Impreza

Warrenty and rebuilds

All Apex Performance coilovers come with a 10k miles 12 months warrenty against manufacturing defects and damper failure. We carry a wide range of spare parts so dont be worried should you nudge a kerb and bend a damper or bend a bottom mounts, we have plenty of spare parts in stock and ready to go. we will slways strip a kit if needs be in order to help a customer out and egt their car back on the road with minimum of fuss and delay

Our Impreza

Our Impreza is a fully road going car with full standard trim, no cage, just over 300bhp, its a day to day car. I ran it in the first session of the first round of Time Attack this year. I only got half a session out of it (seems to have failed due to damage started at a previous track day at Oulton Park when we had turbo failure) as one of the big ends let go. Despte this the car still ran 13th out of 44 with little more than Apex coilovers, KSport front 330mm brakes and Hardrace alignment arms. Not bad going

Whats available and what cars will they fit

We have various kits coming to fit the full range of Impreza (bar the latest 2008) with various spring rates including 5/4kg.mm, 6/5kg.mm and 8/6kg.mm. Id recommend 5/4kg.mm for road and occasional track, 6/5kg.mm for a little more hardcore track work and 8/6kg.mm if you do a lot of track work with track rubber (Toyo R888 etc).

ALL THE KITS NOW COME WITH FREE EXTENSION ***** FOR THE BACK TO ALLOW DAMPER ADJUSTMENT WITHOUT REMOVING PARCEL SHELF!

The coilovers

NOTE: These pics show the INVERTED units, we havent bothered bringing inverted units on this shipment so the GB coilovers will NOT look identical to the coilovers in the pictures below:

Coilover pic1

Coilover pic 2

Coilover pic 3

Coilover pic 4

When are the kits and payments due?

The boat is well and truely on its was and is due to dock any day now. The coilovers will be with us in a couple of weeks at the latest.

We need payment before the end of this month at the latest but given authorisation will start taking payments immediately with a view to start sending out the units as soon as they land with us to minimise delays. If you cant pay straight away then you MUST specify that you want payment taken on X date. If you dont do this then it will be taken as read that we are ok to take payment as and when we see fit.

Carriage charges

Carriage to a UK destination is £17.63.

International shipping costs. The below prices are through our usual courier. We maybe able to get a better price on large orders by negotiating with our various freight companies but you certainly wont pay more than the prices listed below.

Zone 1:

Belgium, Ireland (Southern), Luxembourg, Netherlands

1 kit £45
2 kits £70
5 kits £125
10 kits £205
20 kits £415

Zone 2:

Andorra, Austria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungaru, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Monaco, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Solvenia, Spain, Sweden

1 kit £50
2 kits £80
5 kits £145
10 kits £270
20 kits £500

Zone 3:

Rest of Europe

1 kit £65
2 kits £100
5 kits £200
10 kits £355
20 kits £675

Prices and payment

The coilovers retail at £649 a set. If we get 5 people involved then Ill do them with a whopping 25% discount bringing the price right down to £486.75 a set Prices include vat, if you are outside the EU then you will save the vat, roughy 15% off the above price.

You MUST state that youre wanting to get on the GB at time of ordering to ensure you get the applicable discount

Payments are used to help pay for the shipment hence the discount. Please ensure that funds are available for your order as payment will be taken at anytime and we will NOT contact anyone before doing this unless you have requested it.

Please do NOT just stick your name on this thread, that will NOT be counted a an order. Orders are only confirmed when you have phoned with payment details. Please do not pm me with orders, they need to be placed over the phone, through our website, through Paypal or via bank transfer.

Good will ONLY be sent to the address that the card is registsered to. Theres no point arguing or pleading with my staff in an attempt to get the goods delivered to an alternate adress, fraudulent orders with stolen cards had led to a strict company policy of goods only going to the registered address. A pain for some, I know, thank the thieving scum of this world for forcing us into this position

If you want the goods sending to an alternate address then you can pay by bank transfer.

Phone - You can phone your order through to 01274 683633. International customers shouldnt be concerned about speaking to us, all the staff at Apex are more than used to dealing with international customers as a large percentage of our customer base is located throughout Europe.

Website - You can use this blank order form on our website, just bear in mind that it will only accept credit card details at this point, not debit. Just put the details of the required kit and vehicle specifics in the comments box. We will manually process the order in the office. We need the following info in the comments box:

Car model (e.g Impreza)
Car version (e.g. Sti, WRX) This is important, the later Stis run a different rear kit to the WRX and earlier cars.
Car year
PCD if known (5x100 for majority, 5x114.3 for STi 05 onwards)

Details of product being ordered

Paypal - You need to add a 4% Paypal surcharge to the total (goods plus carriage) to cover Paypals processing costs. Just multiply the total by 1.04. Our Paypal address is payATapexperformance.co.uk and we will need the following information including in the Paypal payment to complete the order:

Full name
Full address
Daytime contact telephone number
Email address
Scoobynet username

Car model (e.g Impreza)
Car version (e.g. Sti, WRX) This is important, the later Stis run a different rear kit to the WRX and earlier cars.
Car year
PCD if known (5x100 for majority, 5x114.3 for STi 05 onwards)

Details of product being ordered

Bank transfer

Please pm me if you want to pay by bank transfer for further info and to arrange.

IF THERE IS INTEREST THEN i WILL DO AN ACCOMPANYING HARDRACE GROUP BUY TO SUPPLY STIFFENED ENGINE/GEARBOX MOUNTS, RACK MOUNTS, FULL ADJUSTABLE REAR ARM SETS ETC

Last edited by bren@apex; 07 July 2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06 May 2008, 05:47 PM
G8RDK
Scooby Regular

put me down for a set . If i rang up to pay for these say tomorrow or thursday would i get them at the £486 price? im wanting them for fast road use so im better off with 5/4kg.mm spring set up? do i have to say this when i order and say they are for a classic sti?
Old 06 May 2008, 08:23 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

I'll give you a bell tommorow. Are these prices including vat?
Old 07 May 2008, 08:30 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Thursdays fine, Id go 5/4kg.mm, you need to specfy the details when you order and you MUST state that youre on the GB

Yep, prices include vat
Old 07 May 2008, 09:32 AM
Boost_Happygal
Scooby Newbie

i will be....
just awaiting a a cheque to clear

Last edited by Boost_Happygal; 10 May 2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: ....
Old 10 May 2008, 10:08 PM
MixMan X
Scooby Regular

I'm interested in this, am I right in thinking these would also fit on a Forester?
Old 10 May 2008, 11:09 PM
angus007
Scooby Newbie

look to be good quality i think i will be trying these defo
Old 12 May 2008, 07:10 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

So how many we up to now? Are we at the group buy price yet?
Old 13 May 2008, 09:04 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

We have a whopping great one joined up fully so far. You guys need to pass on your info if you want to get involved. We sell these coilovers day in day out at full money, this is a great offer but we dont need to run it at the moment as the product sells anyway, we are offering 25% discount pretty much at repeated requests for me to run another GB.

We have sold loads and loads fo these to Scooby owners now and with great sucess, people are very happy with them
Old 13 May 2008, 09:05 AM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

1: turbotits
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
Old 13 May 2008, 09:38 AM
71/200
Scooby Regular

Bren add me please, spoke to Louise about it waiting for an email off her!
(Stu in Germany) Also thanks for sorting the Bracket problem out on my 356mm Kit promptly!
Old 13 May 2008, 10:48 AM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Come on Guys and Girls. Is there only me on there. Im wanting to get these on my car
Old 13 May 2008, 06:21 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

I want some too
Old 14 May 2008, 05:13 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

come on guys n gals, i saw a guy with a set of these on a Spec C at the weekend on the "Ring" he was well chuffed with them, said they were great and he paid full price for his so a 25% discount has to be baragin of the year!
Old 14 May 2008, 05:14 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

2:scoobysmiff
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
Old 14 May 2008, 10:16 PM
71/200
Scooby Regular

3:71/200
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
Old 15 May 2008, 12:54 AM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

Just wanted to say that i purchased some of these for my 04 Spec-C about three weeks ago. I took the car to the Nurburgring last weekend (that was me /\ ) and gave them a good evaluation .
Put it this way, they performed as good as coilovers that cost triple their price. I have nothing but good things to say about them. They are easy to fit and set-up and are excellent value for money. Get the right spring for your style of driving and you will be laughing. Thanks to the guys at Apex,.......... now can i have my free extended adjusters????? Please?????

Rich
Old 15 May 2008, 12:59 AM
RICH S202
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, Hi to the REME lads from the Ex Monkey
Old 15 May 2008, 10:45 AM
mattster12
Scooby Regular

4:mattster12
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:

Last edited by mattster12; 15 May 2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 15 May 2008, 11:43 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

Hi Rich,

Good to meet ya mate, if your up for it again next year i will give you a shout, i will have a set of these on by then as well, just hope the engine holds out for that long!

Come on guys lets get this group buy going, an outstand deal if i ever saw one, it's practically poking you in the eye with excellentness and good value!!!
Old 16 May 2008, 05:37 PM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

FOR CHR*ST SAKE WILL SOMEONE ELSE BUY A SET OF EXCELLENT COIL OVERS AT A STUPID CHEAP PRICE!
Old 16 May 2008, 05:49 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how do these compair on the ride with standard version 6 sti suspension?

also any pics of the coilovers that the group buy is for?
Old 16 May 2008, 06:14 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

pics are at the top mate in the links
Old 16 May 2008, 07:11 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Bren.
Was gonna ring you on Monday re this and the brake upgrade gb as a package ,but if your online over the weekend-a few SFQ's for you.Havent pm'd them as they may be helpful to others...
Have you a kit for an 02 bugeye wagon?
Am a bit wary of the ride from coilovers.Want a slightly lower ride but dont want a major change in ride comfort.
How much,if any of a drop in height should i expect?
How do these feel for day to day driving and little to no trackwork?
Was looking at a combination of a Tein Basic and s tech springs-how do you compare the two kits.
Sorry for the bone questions,but was about to buy the Tein kit,so they are genuine...
Thanks for your time,
Harvey
Old 19 May 2008, 07:19 PM
SamUK
Scooby Senior

Am intrested, though how much would it cost to have these fitted?
Old 19 May 2008, 09:39 PM
stevie bee
Scooby Regular

Default apex/bc coilover group buy

I have been trying to call the number posted above all day but no answer has anyone else had trouble trying to contact them? Who is b/c which company is making the new batch? What's the differance with inverted dampers & these on the group buy as my V5 has inverted dampers as standard?
Old 19 May 2008, 10:32 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie bee
I have been trying to call the number posted above all day but no answer has anyone else had trouble trying to contact them? Who is b/c which company is making the new batch? What's the differance with inverted dampers & these on the group buy as my V5 has inverted dampers as standard?
I would guess they were at time attack all weekend so maybe today has been a day off for them. Give them a bell tomorrow
Old 20 May 2008, 11:06 AM
stevie bee
Scooby Regular

Default apex group buy

4:mattster12
5:stevie bee
6:
7:
8:
9:[/QUOTE]
Old 20 May 2008, 10:59 PM
Turbotits
Scooby Regular

at Last 5. cool
Old 22 May 2008, 10:05 PM
n2rab
Scooby Newbie

is it too late for 6?

Quick Reply: Apex/BC coilover Group Buy number 2!