Notices

STI variable diff - want to move dial

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2002, 01:45 PM
Harps WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting really fed up of the dial for the diff control being down impossible to find in a hurry. Would be really useful for driving some of the roads I drive in the wet to have a bigger dial nearer steering wheel to just roll it forwards when approaching a corner. Is this possible to do?
Old 29 May 2002, 06:32 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

if your driving hard on the wet, then put the diff control up to near the middle when you are at an appropriate speed, it shouldn't do the diff any harm...then when you go to go into a corner your diff is already up(that's wot i do anyway)
Old 29 May 2002, 10:39 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Is it o.k. to adjust the diff when driving? I have a Type R and never really adjust it but I was wondering if it will do it any damage when car is in motion?
Old 29 May 2002, 10:44 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Speak to Mike at Scoobymania about the GEMS ecu, it has some good functions on it, controlling this diff is one of them dont know all the info but if you call him it may make like easier for you whilst your driving abeit a little expensive

Tony
Old 30 May 2002, 04:36 PM
kungfu
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

it doesn't harm the diffs a tall by changing on the move,just be carefull with it at low speeds and make sure it isn't rolled fully forward or they will lock.
i drive an impreza rally car where the diff changed from loose to lock automatically....real fun to drive
Old 31 May 2002, 11:40 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

You will probably think I am a bit thick but why be carefull at low speeds? what will happen if they lock?
Old 01 June 2002, 08:01 AM
Sieze
Scooby Regular

At slow speeds all that happens is the diff knocks and bangs. I really doesn't effect the handling of the car (unless on gravel or with 22b) so I just left it in green zone. Remember it does not alter the tourque split, it just locks up diffs.