Notices

Connected Wrong ?

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2014, 11:08 AM
ScoobyFanatic33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Connected Wrong ?

I've got a 1995 scooby with front mount intercooler and dump valve but I'm suspecting it's connected wrongly so does anyone on here who has a front mount intercooler have any good close up engine bay pics I can look at to see mines right ?
I'm unable to post a picture of my setup which makes it near on impossible to explain exactly what I mean but if I can see someone else's setup that's right visually maybe I can see if the previous owner just bodied it to get it sold.

Thanks
Old 01 January 2014, 11:35 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Surely whoever mapped it would have picked up that it was wrong, if it is?

He did get it mapped, didn't he?

Please tell me you didn't buy a modded un-mapped Impreza??????
Old 01 January 2014, 12:54 PM
ScoobyFanatic33
Scooby Regular

This is my first scooby so being honest I'm not sure what's been done to it, if I go on what I'm told by the seller then it's been mapped, has a td05 turbo, and is dyno tested at 303bhp but it runs like a sack of spuds, I've got a faster astravan lol.

The rest of the car is mint hence I was happy to buy it and throw some money at it but I have a niggle telling me something's not right within the way it's all been put together, I will get a pic asap to put on here just to at least rule out my paranoia
Old 01 January 2014, 01:14 PM
ScoobyFanatic33
Scooby Regular

Old 01 January 2014, 01:17 PM
ScoobyFanatic33
Scooby Regular

So if you look at the top right intercooler pipe where the sti in pink is written just underneath that is the outlet where the dump valve is connected but on the opposite near the Maf sensor you can see where it's been capped off with the silver plate where I assumed the dump valve should go ? Is this in the wrong place ? Would it be better to move it to the opposite side and then can I just cap off the existing outlet that the dump valve is currently coming off ?

Appreciate suggestions
Old 01 January 2014, 02:36 PM
thunder8
Scooby Regular

the dump valve is in the right place ,, the blanked off part is where the recircleating dump valve would plug back into ...

is the dump valve broke or spring weak just try and block off and give it a run ....

you could also have a faulty maff ,if so try and buy a subaru oem as the ebay and pattern ones don,t always work well ,,also has the car been mapped for the front mount ??? u can,t just fit it and expect it to work needs mapping ,,,

what year and version is your car ???? are you using a esl board and so on
Old 01 January 2014, 03:44 PM
ScoobyFanatic33
Scooby Regular

To be honest I bought it like this so can only go on what I have been told until I get it properly looked at but I was told it has been mapped and setup since the intercooler was fitted.

I'm not sure if the dump valve is broken as it does make a noise so I guess it's ok ? If I cap it off, will,that have to be both ends ? Or just the intercooler end ? Will it be ok with no dump valve ?

If i do disconnect it and go for a blast what kind of difference am I looking for ? I mean will it drastically affect the power if it was faulty ?

It's a 1997 on logbook as impreza turbo 4wd only so not sure if it's a wrx or sti or not but in my defence this is my first ever one
Old 03 January 2014, 01:09 PM
marco58
Scooby Regular

Something does not look right