Notices

nitros

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2013, 02:59 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitros

Anyone ever fitted nos to a subaru,what are your thoughts?
Old 16 December 2013, 04:56 AM
Raptorman
Scooby Regular

Pretty much all you need to know here
https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...n-impreza.html
Old 16 December 2013, 05:15 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

We run NOS on our wagon and if its worth it,hard to say,depends on more factors

Those factors are what is yours plan and what is yours target and what ECU you thinking to to run,if you are thinking to run NOS I would strongly suggest to run ECU which can control NOS and if you are going with NOS system on yours again would suggest to have fitted Solid state relay and leave controlling NOS on the ECU

Yes you can use OE ECU and use full throttle switch,but not sure if I would use something like this on Subaru

You can run Wet or Dry system,both have pro and cons,which is better again depends,some people prefer to run Dry system,we run Wet system without the issue

Jura
Old 16 December 2013, 07:26 AM
r33gts2009
Scooby Regular

I had nos on an mr2 I had ,50bhp made a big difference to a 170bhp car , but as soon as you fill the bottle up its gone .it was only about few ££ for a 5lb or 8lb bottle refill but no play time at all.
personly your better of getting a bigger turbo ,injectors an so on , second hand kits can be bought on the bay cheap enough, I've still got one knocking about but don't wish to fit it to the scoob.
The wizard of nos kit I have is missing the fuel pulsoid I'm lookin for £75.00 if your interested.
Old 16 December 2013, 05:44 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Raptorman
Pretty much all you need to know here
https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...n-impreza.html
Thanks for link.I did type nitros in search but found nothing.
Old 16 December 2013, 05:53 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

We run NOS on our wagon and if its worth it,hard to say,depends on more factors

Those factors are what is yours plan and what is yours target and what ECU you thinking to to run,if you are thinking to run NOS I would strongly suggest to run ECU which can control NOS and if you are going with NOS system on yours again would suggest to have fitted Solid state relay and leave controlling NOS on the ECU

Yes you can use OE ECU and use full throttle switch,but not sure if I would use something like this on Subaru

You can run Wet or Dry system,both have pro and cons,which is better again depends,some people prefer to run Dry system,we run Wet system without the issue

Jura
Thanks for advice,didn't know there is perciffic ecu's for nos. Dont really have target,but already have 320bhp and not sure how much more I can get out of it with another map on the components I have. I know nitros does give pretty big gains,so just wondered what was involved in having it on a scooby and how the engines handle it.
Old 16 December 2013, 07:02 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r33gts2009
I had nos on an mr2 I had ,50bhp made a big difference to a 170bhp car , but as soon as you fill the bottle up its gone .it was only about few ££ for a 5lb or 8lb bottle refill but no play time at all.
personly your better of getting a bigger turbo ,injectors an so on , second hand kits can be bought on the bay cheap enough, I've still got one knocking about but don't wish to fit it to the scoob.
The wizard of nos kit I have is missing the fuel pulsoid I'm lookin for £75.00 if your interested.
I have uprated turbo,injectors,intercooler etc. But if im maxing them out already,I wondered if nos was a good road to go down? i.e Being cheaper for the gains rather than buying better turbo etc again! Thanks for offer on kit but not looking to do it (yet) just doing a little investigating if I could buy kit cheap enough and dont need to spend £££s on ecu and was safe on engine etc (which probably will need ecu to be safe) then nos would seem a good mod

Trending Topics

Old 16 December 2013, 07:41 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2
I have uprated turbo,injectors,intercooler etc. But if im maxing them out already,I wondered if nos was a good road to go down? i.e Being cheaper for the gains rather than buying better turbo etc again! Thanks for offer on kit but not looking to do it (yet) just doing a little investigating if I could buy kit cheap enough and dont need to spend £££s on ecu and was safe on engine etc (which probably will need ecu to be safe) then nos would seem a good mod
Nos would need extra headroom in the injectors.
Alcatek would run the Nos on the system Jura mentions.
Trev
Old 17 December 2013, 08:45 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trevsjwood

Nos would need extra headroom in the injectors.
Alcatek would run the Nos on the system Jura mentions.
Trev
I was thinking fueling might have to match,therefore needing headroom on injectors,but wasnt sure if engine just burns nitros separate,just adding power to whats there.
Old 17 December 2013, 02:41 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

I understand the wet system puts fuel in along with the nitros, two fueloids, one connected to the nitros bottle, one connected to fuelline, both then connected to the spraynozzle placed in the intercooler side of the throttlebody. The nitros provides a big whack of oxygen and good sized inectors are needed to utalise it.
I haven't got the system but I did look into it.
Trev
Old 17 December 2013, 05:20 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

As Trev said,injectors will be more needed if you are thinking to run Dry NOS,with Wet NOS system you don't need bigger injectors as on Dry,but still would add bigger injectors

Dry system is easier to setup and many people prefer this

Really depends what jet you are thinking to run for 25HP jet you should be OK,depends again on turbo and few other bits,but we run 750cc injectors with 25HP NOS jet and MDX321T

Jura
Old 17 December 2013, 05:33 PM
Lewisw
Scooby Newbie

I've ran nos on my gt4. 50hp shot. Well worth through money. I'm going to get it for my Scooby too.
Old 17 December 2013, 05:41 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trevsjwood
I understand the wet system puts fuel in along with the nitros, two fueloids, one connected to the nitros bottle, one connected to fuelline, both then connected to the spraynozzle placed in the intercooler side of the throttlebody. The nitros provides a big whack of oxygen and good sized inectors are needed to utalise it.
I haven't got the system but I did look into it.
Trev
Thanks for looking. I have 550 pink injectors,currently running approx 320hp. There might be more to squeeze from them.do you think bigger still?
Old 17 December 2013, 05:53 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2
Thanks for looking. I have 550 pink injectors,currently running approx 320hp. There might be more to squeeze from them.do you think bigger still?
should have lots of headroom at that level and would stick with them until your mapper tells you otherwise.
Trev
Old 17 December 2013, 05:53 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jura11
Hi there

As Trev said,injectors will be more needed if you are thinking to run Dry NOS,with Wet NOS system you don't need bigger injectors as on Dry,but still would add bigger injectors

Dry system is easier to setup and many people prefer this

Really depends what jet you are thinking to run for 25HP jet you should be OK,depends again on turbo and few other bits,but we run 750cc injectors with 25HP NOS jet and MDX321T

Jura
Ok thanks. Not sure what type of sytem im after, think I will have to discuss with tuner at the time.