Notices

v reg impreza holds back?

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2013, 12:15 AM
roleyyyyy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v reg impreza holds back?

i was on the fourum before but changed emails and whilst my skylien is in the spray shop i thought i would purchese another impreza. i picked up a 93 impreza in black loveley car couldant fault it unitll about a week back ,underboost she fuel cut and this was the first time she had fuel cut since owneing the car for about 1 month. so subbsacuently she then had a missfire and it turned out the coils and spark plugs were destroyed. so i brought brand new coils and plugs (prf7s).

the issue is now 80% sorted i cant here i definate missfire but she still holds back under boost she still holds back but not as bad. so i cleaned the maff still no diffrance. changed the fuel pump to a walbro 255 still no better. and have a set of 440 injectors to go in it? , . so i was thinking it needs a map as for some reason she runs between 1.2 and 1.5 bar and holds back after 1bar.

so am i overboosting , fuel cutting emensly , or do i have a boost leek? any help much appreciated as im running out of ideas ,

also mods are
frount mount
yellow 440s (to come)
custom turbo back exhaust
walbro 255
hks mushroom filter
sytec fuel filter
and by what i can make out the turbo says tdo5 r

Last edited by roleyyyyy; 11 November 2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11 November 2013, 08:03 AM
Tyler 1
Scooby Regular

Silly question but are you running a boost controler?

Is the car a STI as if WRX and standard, that is over boosting.
Old 11 November 2013, 09:06 AM
piehole1983
Scooby Regular

I've been having trouble with over-boost, fuel cuts and the boost oscillating badly. I had a combination of vacuum tube leaks and my actuator needing adjusted. Adjusting the actuator preload had the single biggest effect on correcting my problems. Because of the age of your car, yours might need set again. Worth checking!

It's also worth saying that decat systems and free flowing intake systems can cause over-boost, again both of which I have fitted. This meant having to reduce the boost solenoid duty cycles.
Old 13 November 2013, 06:45 PM
roleyyyyy
Scooby Newbie

i will try all of them as fixed one problem , the connector block undernethe drivers side rear seat that is for the fuel pump is getting extremly hot , and if you move it about the car dies , turns out its melted but why is it getting so hot
Old 13 November 2013, 06:46 PM
roleyyyyy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Tyler 1
Silly question but are you running a boost controler?

Is the car a STI as if WRX and standard, that is over boosting.
wrx
Old 13 November 2013, 06:50 PM
piehole1983
Scooby Regular

That'll be down to a dodgy connection. Get them soldered and heat shrunk!
Old 14 November 2013, 08:47 AM
exevo3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by roleyyyyy
i was on the fourum before but changed emails and whilst my skylien is in the spray shop i thought i would purchese another impreza. i picked up a 93 impreza in black loveley car couldant fault it unitll about a week back ,underboost she fuel cut and this was the first time she had fuel cut since owneing the car for about 1 month. so subbsacuently she then had a missfire and it turned out the coils and spark plugs were destroyed. so i brought brand new coils and plugs (prf7s).

the issue is now 80% sorted i cant here i definate missfire but she still holds back under boost she still holds back but not as bad. so i cleaned the maff still no diffrance. changed the fuel pump to a walbro 255 still no better. and have a set of 440 injectors to go in it? , . so i was thinking it needs a map as for some reason she runs between 1.2 and 1.5 bar and holds back after 1bar.

so am i overboosting , fuel cutting emensly , or do i have a boost leek? any help much appreciated as im running out of ideas ,

also mods are
frount mount
yellow 440s (to come)
custom turbo back exhaust
walbro 255
hks mushroom filter
sytec fuel filter
and by what i can make out the turbo says tdo5 r
has it still got the restrictor pill in the bottom pipe of your 3 port?? if this is missing it will boost to high heaven!!!