Notices

cat replacement, remap needed?

Search this Thread

Old 01 August 2013, 09:22 PM
Skaven
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat replacement, remap needed?

Hi guys considering getting the downpipe cat replaced on my hawkeye wrx replaced with a prodrive sports cat, i already have the centre section cat removed
now the big question is, if i swap the normal for a sports cat would i need a remap??
Now i know id need one to feel the benefit but would it be important for the health of the car?
Thanks

Rhys
Old 01 August 2013, 09:40 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skaven
Hi guys considering getting the downpipe cat replaced on my hawkeye wrx replaced with a prodrive sports cat, i already have the centre section cat removed
now the big question is, if i swap the normal for a sports cat would i need a remap??
Now i know id need one to feel the benefit but would it be important for the health of the car?
Thanks

Rhys
I'm inclined to say it isn't a big deal, but good tuning is pretty fundamental, and remapping can bring more benefits than just more power.
If you're going to change the cat for any kind of performance benefit, you really should be thinking about mapping as well.
Old 01 August 2013, 10:54 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There would be something to be said for getting your car re-mapped even if you have no modifications done.
I did it on my PPP Spec D and it was a lot better for power and cold running as well.