Notices

New member help

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2013, 01:07 PM
Furiokid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member help

Hi I'm new on here and fresh to the world of the Scooby after buying my first one recently.
I've got a '00 Turbo2000 classic with 86k miles running a cat-back exhaust and bailey dump valve.
Was running fine when I bought it except the idle used to fluctuate a little but nothing much.

Recently decided to fit a few new goodies. Fitted a Walbro uprated fuel pump, and was running fine.
Next fitted a new fmic, replaced all the vacuum hoses with silicone, HKS dump valve, and HKS mushroom induction.

Once rebuilt I took for a drive and found it wouldn't boost down the road so put it down to the MAF possibly being damaged during putting it back together.
Disconnected the battery and fitted the MAF, reconnected the battery and started up and left idling to reset the learning values etc.
Took for a drive off boost holding high revs whilst it was learning. Found the car now boosts although has intermittent flat spots, more so if the cars driven steady for a while then booted?!
Also the idle is still fluctuating and now stalls after a while once warmed up. Tried removing the dump valve to check it weren't that but made no difference. Refitted the top mount intercooler and once again made no difference.

Taken all the plugs out, found number 3 to be corroded and the platinum tip to be missing so fitted a new set of plugs and a fuel filter but not made any real difference.
Cleaned the throttle body out and idle valve and still no difference.

At my wits end now and not sure what else to try?

Many thanks for any help