Induction Kit help

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2013, 01:33 PM
daveyorks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Induction Kit help

Hi guys,
iv a induction kit that goes from where the standard airbox was attached,it goes via a metal pipe quite away down in the inner wing.

could i remove that and put a K&N to where the airbox was with out any running issues?

the reason i want to do it is because its my daily driver now and living in the country there are allways big puddles and lots of fords(not focus or fiesta's!)

someone has advised me to do it so its not me having a normal thick moment!
Old 10 June 2013, 02:09 PM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What you've got is what's more commonly referred to as an inner wing or wing mounted induction kit mate.
You tend to get colder air in the wing as the filter isn't sat right next to the turbo or sucking in hot air from all the surrounding components.

If you remove the wing kit, I'd advise you to replace it with a cold air feed from a fog light cover (means losing a foglight) to ensure you maximise the cold air that the filter gets.

If you're on good terms with your mapper they'll probably tweak it for you for a few quid to take advantage of the change - should drive pretty much the same - with a decent cold air feed you may even see a slight gain.
HTH.